Anyone else end you with really high sugars by the end of th

Options
I'm not eating junk. It's from a combination of fruit and my granola bars. I also like those FiberOne Brownies, which have high sugar, but it's not like I'm eating Hostess Cupcakes. Lol. I maintain a really healthy diet, I feel anyways.

I've been ignoring it, but do you think it matters? My diary is open, I believe, if that matters.

** Sorry about the title not making ANY sense. Lol. Been a LONG day!

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I apparently eat an inordinate amount of sugars. I mean, I havea sweet tooth but this is absurd! I'm a vege so I'm just not doing a more adequate balance. I do tend to eat crap (Hershey Nuggets, PB and banana sandwich, etc) but also stuff like Luna bars and oranges.

I'm just seriously shocked at how much sugar I take in. It's no wonder I'm not a raging diabetic!!

Sorry - no help really! Just camaraderie!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    my sugar is SO high most days bc of all the fruit I eat, plus now I eat a chobani or oikos yogurt almost everyday, they are hgih in sugar (18g usually). I try to just ignore THOSE numbers, and count the other sugar grams I consume (example - like my coffee creamer has 4g of sugar).
  • laurab68
    laurab68 Posts: 5
    Options
    There's so much natural sugars in food and I know from my MFP, my sugar is on the low side so it's very easy to go over. I find that when I shop I have to look at the whole of the nutritional information rather than just calorie.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your diet is mostly good, but IMO, granola bars and Fiber One brownies are junk with a little fiber, and a "healthy" label on it.
    I'm not eating junk. It's from a combination of fruit and my granola bars. I also like those FiberOne Brownies, which have high sugar, but it's not like I'm eating Hostess Cupcakes. Lol. I maintain a really healthy diet, I feel anyways.

I've been ignoring it, but do you think it matters? My diary is open, I believe, if that matters.

• Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your diet is mostly good, but IMO, granola bars and Fiber One brownies are junk with a little fiber, and a "healthy" label on it.

I agree. The granola bars are for super busy days. And the brownies are my chocolate fix sometimes. I guess I could try to reduce the amount of times I eat these types of things, but a huge part of my life is on the go, so I don't think I could completely get rid of them.

Any alternative ideas? And do you think this would impede my weight loss?
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I agree. The granola bars are for super busy days. And the brownies are my chocolate fix sometimes. I guess I could try to reduce the amount of times I eat these types of things, but a huge part of my life is on the go, so I don't think I could completely get rid of them.

Any alternative ideas? And do you think this would impede my weight loss?

How is your weight loss going? if it's working for you, no need to change.
    By the way, you didn't mention those WW cookie dough desserts. ;)

For on the go snacks, I try to eat low or no sugar foods, because I am insulin resistant. Hard boiled eggs, cheese and crackers, almonds, that kind of thing.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey I use to use the fiberone and speical k bars for a quick snack on the go also. My weight did not really change that much and I still had not energy. I have since change my on the go snacks to fresh veggies, apples with peanut butter, nuts, and dried fruit with no added surgar. Yes my sugar ss still high, but I feel much better.
  • krissers9
    krissers9 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do as well, but I tend to eat the Chobani yogurt and Luna bars as well. I will admit I have about 3 gummi candies at night, but I don't like to deprive myself of all sugar, or I will fail miserably! I reached my goal of 17 pound weight loss today after almost exactly 2 months! I don't think the sugar really effected me, personally. That's where I think cardio helps out :)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    As folks already said, stay clear of those snack bars! They're a truly vicious scam! :grumble: Also, there are yoghurts (especially Greek yoghurts) out there with considerably fewer carbs/sugar. Check the nutritional information... I don't buy anything that's above 9 carbs per serving.