What size are you??

Options

Replies

• MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and carry all my weight in the middle section of my body. At 174 lbs I wear a tight size 16. I have digestive issues (gastro paresis) and bloat quite regularly. On average, my waist is about 44". I'd say wait to buy clothes. You can find anything online anytime of the year in my experience. When loosing, where the weight is going to come off your body seems very unpredictable to me! What a great incentive to keep going..being able to buy new clothes and feel great in them on your cruise! Enjoy!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Did you mention your height? I'm 5'8" and at 200, I was wearing 16s. I'm down to 181 and now I can wear 14s or the occasional 12. Also, I'm very fortunate that my weight is pretty evenly distributed. If someone is my weight, but 4" shorter of taller, that can make a big difference. Also, I have the same issue as flutterby. I could probably wear medium tops if it weren't for my boobs.:laugh: I'd recommend taking measurements and checking out sizing charts on fitness or clothing websites :smile:

exercise.png
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You're talking about pants, right? You're right, every body is different. I currently weigh 225 and wear a size 17 pant. I'm not sure if that is normal or not though. My biggest problem is my bird wings :laugh: It's hard to find shirts :(

What is bird wings
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    You're talking about pants, right? You're right, every body is different. I currently weigh 225 and wear a size 17 pant. I'm not sure if that is normal or not though. My biggest problem is my bird wings :laugh: It's hard to find shirts :(

What is bird wings

Shoulder blades??
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 144lbs and I'm a size 9 or size 29 in jeans. I wear my pants low around my hips tho so that accounts for size.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    This is all so fascinating! How bodies can be so different...I had this skewed view that most people of a certain weight all wore the same size. Guess I've never really thought about it in this way. Awesome! Anyway, I'm 5'6, weigh 176 and I wear a comfortable 12. I have a pair of 10s that I got on and zipped up, but I like to steer away from any type of muffin top :)

Have fun on your vacay!!!
  • clarkcj
    clarkcj Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 228 right now. I'm wearing 13-15. At 245 I was wearing 18. I'm 5 ft 8 and a little bit
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    huh, I don't know....the spectrum is so broad, everybody is different. I am 5'7'' When I was 253 I wore a tight size 20. I'm 238 and still wear a size 20, however it is looser.

187745.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 220lbs - i'm wearing size 18

When i started this at 246lbs i was wearing the same size 18's but they look soooo much better on me now.

Jax
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. Although now I am more confused because I weigh 210 and am still in a 20 and some seem to be in a 14 already. I guess everybody is different. I have had kids, so I have the saggy belly! LOL

Height plays a big part in it too. In addition everyone carries thier weight differently... some people have more behind and less thighs... some more tummy but no behind.... everyone is different.

I'm 5'7, 214 lbs and am wearing a 16 comfortably and almost into a 14
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    i am 207 and wear 14-16

...and I was in that same size, but was at 160-ish (I'm 5'5" with a medium boned build)... Now, I am 146 and in a size 11-12.... everyones body is different.

Solution: if you don't have an aversion to it, go to a thrift store and buy some smaller sized summer clothing that you find appealing and hang onto it, that way, you have some outfits to try on without breaking the bank at the same time. You will be prepared (at least in part) for your cruise. Perhaps some of your summer tops will still be serviceable by that time, and you'll be able to mix and match.
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am so glad its not just me. sizes are weird. when I was at my heaviest a few years back at about 172 i wore a 14 then at 150lbs I wore a 12. now at about 132 lbs i have sizes 4-8 in my closet. weird!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think sizing is alllllll so individual and it really depends on were you carry your weight
    Good luck figuring it out and loosing the weight

Kim
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Maybe rather than weight&size you could go to the store, and by looking at your OWN body, pick a goal size to be by then.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, don't forget to factor in your heights....someone who's 5' at 220 is not going to be the same size as someone who is 5'6 at 220 because they have less height to distribute the weight around they will likely be in a bigger size...and then also frame size.

I am 5'6 at 220 lbs and large frame, and am in a 14/16 goal is about 180 I think i would look heathly there, if I went further it would be 160 I think I would look sickly as anything lower than that, where as someone else my height but with a tiny frame might still look bigger at 160 :)

at 180 I figure I will be in the realm of at 10 ... :smile: good luck!
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm 5.7" and at 180 I was a size 12/14 pants, and wore a large in tops.
  • acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am at 5'3" 164lbs and a comfortable size 10 pant and large top, I have a DD chest so I don't know that I will ever get into mediums unless these things shrink a little bit :grumble:
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started out a size 7 (medium) at about 130 and i'm now a size 3 (extra small) at 117. Also to mention not so much a full D anymore, but still a 32 D.

.s.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm 5'7 144lbs and I'm a size 9 or size 29 in jeans. I wear my pants low around my hips tho so that accounts for size.

Me too!

Started at 180ish in a size 16.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    It would all depend on your height. Somebody 5 feet tall that weighs 200 lbs would wear a different size than somebody 6 feet tall and 200 lbs