New this week

Options
Hello all,
I am new this week. Actually I just completed my first week. I lost 5 lbs but I did have bad days of eating more cals than I should. I am terrible with the exercise even though I feel great afterwards. But I am not getting any younger and I am tired of being heavy so here I am. 100lbs to lose but I would be just as satisfied with 75lbs. So here I go. Stop by my page. I try to blog daily and keep track of foods honestly even if it meant I really blew my calories.

About myself. I am just turned 37 three grown children and a 10 year old. I am married to a wonderful husband oh and I have a three year old grandson and I want to be here for a while. I work 3rd shift in health care and I am going to school. My end goal, academically, is physcian assistant. That is part of my reason for this change How can you tell your patients to lose wieght and quit smoking if you can't do it. So that is me....Hope to hear from some people.

Replies

• ducky424
    ducky424 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm Jennifer and today is the first day of the rest of my life :) I'm almost 41 yrs old and I have more than 100 lbs to lose. I'm not doing this alone as my husband George started today too. My immediate goal is to make more meals at home than we do eating out. Other goals is to drink 8 glasses of water per day and to eat every 3 hrs. Being a diabetic this should help my health a lot.

Any questions? Just ask.
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also just joined this week. I have been journalling for about a month on paper but think this will be easier. I was diagnosed as Type II Diabetic and having sleep apnea in mid-January 2012. This was my wake up call. I weighed 242 at my dr's visit. I am now at 228.

I am also 37, married, no children of the two legged variety but we have our cat who is our baby, even though he looks like we have a rescue panther in the house! I am tracking daily and being honest with myself. I am doing okay on calories but need to work on my ratios (protein/carbs/fats, etc.). I am doing good on my servings of veggies. Not eating much fruit as it plays with my sugars. I am mild type ii in comparison (A1c only 6.5) but I don't want to be on Metformin forever and don't want this to progress any further. I need to work on my exercise.

I am a Quality manager at a pharmaceutical company. I would like to lose ~70 lbs. I want to be able to really enjoy life and I know that if I am in better shape I will be better equiped to deal with all that it throws at me, which to this point has been a lot! I know that I have relied on food to try to make me "feel better" but only end up feeling worse for it. I need to see food as fuel and not medication. I want to enjoy what I eat without the shadow of guilt over it. Glad to see another newbie!