New here!

Options
Hi all,

My name is Lindsey. I'm a 26 year old mom with two young children who have unfortunantly left me 70lbs overweight. I've finally decided to get serious about getting rid of these pounds. I look forward to sharing my success with you all!

Replies

• jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I also have about 70 pounds to lose to get to a normal BMI but for right now I'm setting smaller goals. 10 pounds first, then I'll go to 30. and then take it from there. You are going to love this site.

Good luck
  • Lindsey83
    Lindsey83 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks! My first goal is to get under 200lbs and that's a reasonable one to set. My second goal would be to lose 50 by my birthday which would mean I'd have to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm realistic with this one and ANY weight loss by my birthday would be awesome..but if I could lose all 50 I'd be the happiest person in the world!

My ULTIMATE goal is to be as thin as I was before kids and even more fit and to rub it in my sil's face since I found out that her nickname for me behind my back is "tubby".
  • Lindsey83
    Lindsey83 Posts: 16
    Options
    and I added my ticker..the picture is my sil. So I can run across her face as I lose the weight!:laugh:
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    lol welcome! ur goin to love it, everyone here is sooo supportive, and it makes losing weight so much easier, I myself also have about 70 pounds to lose, my first goal is also getting under 200 :D good luck!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: