Motivation

Options
Does anyone else sometimes feel like, despite all best efforts, nothing will ever get any better?

Really need some motivation... I've lost 26lbs but i feel no different in terms of my body shape etc. :(

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think for many people, they get used to seeing themselves as a certain way. It is hard to accept the change. You need to start being proud of yourself and telling yourself things you've done well.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A 26lb loss should really start to show in your shape. If you still don't feel better about yourself or your progress, perhaps you should look at what kinds of activities or exercise you pursue regularly. If you don't exercise, start! If you do exercise, change it up! If you only do cardio, start lifting! If you hate gyms, go outside! If you hate conventional exercise, find a hobby that's physically challenging!

Doing any one of these things should help you start to feel more actualized as a person. You sound like you need to find something that makes you feel alive and capable.

Simply dieting the weight away can feel like drudgery.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A 26lb loss should really start to show in your shape. If you still don't feel better about yourself or your progress, perhaps you should look at what kinds of activities or exercise you pursue regularly. If you don't exercise, start! If you do exercise, change it up! If you only do cardio, start lifting! If you hate gyms, go outside! If you hate conventional exercise, find a hobby that's physically challenging!

Doing any one of these things should help you start to feel more actualized as a person. You sound like you need to find something that makes you feel alive and capable.

Simply dieting the weight away can feel like drudgery.

I look after 74 3 year olds for a living. I think that's exercise in itself! lol

I know i must be making a change because of the way my clothes are literally hanging off me now, but when i look in the mirror, or at myself in general i just dont see any difference. :(
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I look after 74 3 year olds for a living. I think that's exercise in itself! lol

I know i must be making a change because of the way my clothes are literally hanging off me now, but when i look in the mirror, or at myself in general i just dont see any difference. :(
    [/quote]

I have lost 90+ pounds and I still see the same "fat" person looking back at me in the mirror. I have seen side-by-side pictures of me before & after and I still see the same "fat" person. I may not see the difference but the compliments I receive tell me that I DO look better. It is a mental thing I guess...
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Maybe dig out some older pictures of you before you lost the weight. You should see the difference then. I do measurements as well....while I have only lost 3lbs so far....I have days where I feel so energized and healthy, and then I have days where I feel tired and a little down and then I do that negative self talk and I am really hard on myself.
    If you are seeing/feeling the difference in the way your clothing fits, then the problem is not physical but mental. Not in a bad way mind you, just that perhaps you need some "you" time or something to feel good about yourself.
    I can't wait to say I have lost 26lbs! That is awesome! Be proud!
  • Mariar824
    Options
    I think losing 26 pounds is an awesome achievement. Perhaps you should treat yourself to a shopping spree and buy some new clothes. Be daring and buy something that you wouldn't normally wear. As you continue to reach new goals, continue to treat yourself to something new. Not just clothes but maybe new hair cut, color, facial, etc.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Honestly, this sounds like you're in a rut.

Have you considered speaking with a counselor?
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No do you think i need to? I have days when i think i'm doing well and that i look ok but then i have days like this...

Is it not normal?