What do you eat to meet your daily goal?

Options
I've still got another 800 calories to eat today (finished dinner)...I've met my protein goal, so please no suggestions of 'handful of almonds' or greek yogurt, cheese etc.

What do you eat to make up the rest of your calories? I'm usually not under...but lately, I'm having a hard time eating all my calories, just not that hungry. (If I have to, I'll eat some thin mint cookies...ouch, twist my arm...ha!)

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    If you have enough sugar left, go for the mint cookies!!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    I agree. If you have enough fat and carbs left then go for something that you wouldn't normally get. Treat yourself. That is what I do. It is actually what I am going to do tonight. :)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For me If I need to add more I'll cook a 3-5 oz chicken breast and a slice of cheese. Yes I love chicken. I don't worry about staying at the protein, I always double what MFP says.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes, usually with almond milk, but also with whole milk if I'm really light on calories, chocolate (I keep some super yummy dark in the house), or I just tell my husband how many calories, with a breakdown on macros, and it appears in front of me :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about filling such a huge deficit than worrying about the rest of my macros.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If your protein goal is the 15 % set by MFP, you can eat more protein than that.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i think cheese is a good way to get a lot of calories in while still being healty. a little more protein isnt going to hurt you.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I normally opt for healthy foods (vegetables, nuts, maybe some cheese), but there's no harm in indulging in treats if you have the calories left over.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, but just because you met your protein goal doesn't mean you can't eat more protein.. that made me lol. :laugh:
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The protein goal on MFP is relatively low - it's not a big deal to go over on it.

If you don't want something with protein, then eat something with carbs/fats - a bowl of cereal with milk?

If you aren't hungry now and don't want to eat for the sake of it, then eat them tomorrow. You could also just eat a really big breakfast tomorrow to balance out such a large deficit tonight. Being 400 calories under today and 400 calories over tomorrow work out to the same thing.
  • Manabug01
    Manabug01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oooh my go to "need cals quick" is hummus. 2tbls is a serving, at 70 cals. My fav is Sabra roasted red pepper. Put it on anything and instant delish.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    A delicious protein shake!!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I really need to get some more calories in I like to eat peanut butter on wheat toast and almonds. And definitely don't worry about going over on protein. I do every day. :)
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I eat hummus... probably too much lol.
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    I obviously don't know your goal but for 800cals you could (depending on how hungry you are) treat yourself to a drink (not necessarily alcohol it could be fruit juice haha), have some fruit (obvious answer), milk and cookies before bed? My favourite is baking some new bread rolls and having one (in-front of the fire) fresh out the oven with spread on it ... mmm. Obviously you mentioned chocolate haha, somewhere on the forum there is a thread about a blueberry, oat microwave cake that I'm sure if you made (using "proper" ingredients not subs like stevia etc) would take a nice 400cals off your 800 :D

At the end of the day though it's just a matter of finding something you can enjoy for those calories, personally there's been nights I've logged my food diary, looked at it and gone downstairs and made a marmite sandwich haha.
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    800 calories is significant; it's about 2 meals for me. If you have that many calories left over on a regular basis after you've finished dinner, then you may not be eating enough. Eat more and don't worrry so much about the MFP protein goal...I too think it's really low.

But, I wouldn't recommend eating 800 calories worth of cookies...nothing wrong with treating yourself occasionally, but maybe treat yourself to 200 calories worth of cookies (something closer to the serving size of a snack). Eat the remaining 600 calories in nutritious foods.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, but just because you met your protein goal doesn't mean you can't eat more protein.. that made me lol. :laugh:
    beat me to it :)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A delicious protein shake!!

This is what my wife does.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm not hungry, but I'd probably just have an extra serving of dinner if there was one. Otherwise, maybe some popcorn.