Hey all!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm kind of new - I first registered in January this year but under ELFWinters. I lost track and stopped coming on here for around a month but want a new start so made a new account. Today was my first day under this account and it hasn't gone too well as I'm -820 calories at the end of the day due to having one of those Tesco Indian meal bags for 2. I never have curries so its a one off. Amazed at how many calories are in one! I'm actually pretty gutted :/

I was wondering if anyone would want to add me as a friend, talk on a regular basis, maybe even undertake some form of weight loss challenge? :) Also, does anyone have any recipe or meal ideas? I either don't eat or eat junk. Here's a list of things I eat;

- Chicken
- Ham
- Pasta
- Lettuce
- Tomato
- Sweetcorn
- Carrots
- Peas
- Spaghetti
- Rice
- Onion
- Pickle
- Pickled Onion
- Beetroot

Wow my mind has gone blank, I can't really think of much..
I'm pretty open to try anything but I'm picky with meat. Any ideas? :)
Thanks!

Replies

• okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I am almost always on during the week. As for recipes, I would definitely check out skinnytaste.com. She has some wonderful and light recipes, might even find something like that infamous takeaway you O/Ded on today :). If you want to start ruling out the junk you can just follow Michael Pollan's rules:

1. Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. That includes unpronounceable ingredients.

2. Don't buy any product that has more than 5 ingredients or once you don't recognize.

3. Stay out of the middle of the supermarket. (This works in the U.S. since all the fresh and perishable food is around the outside edge of the store, not sure how U.K. stores are laid out.)

4. Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot (except honey)

5. Leave the table a little hungry. I always take this as don't stuff yourself, let it go at just-enough.

6. Don't buy food where you buy gas.

7. Eat meals with people you love, not in front of the TV.

His most popular rule and the one I follow more often than not is "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."

I would recommend adding in fresh fruits and tons of veggies to your daily meal. Add me and take a look at my food journal. I eat fried eggs and toast with butter for breakfast and I try to work in as many vegetables and fruits as possible. Veg is like cheating really because you can have so much for so few calories.

Look forward to talking with you more!
  • ELF_Winters
    Options
    Hey! Thanks I've sent a request :) I'll definitely check out that website :D

I love those rules haha, and as for fruit & veg that's definitely going to be my plan. I love lettuce and its so few calories! I think I'm just going to live on water, salads and long walks :')
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love salad lunches. There is so much you can do with them! I love to throw cooked chicken breast on a tossed salad with a tablespoon of ranch and hot sauce. Mmm.. buffalo chicken salad.

You can put nuts on them, dried fruit, any kind of protein like fish/meat/cheese. Put some olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a container, throw in some of your favorite spices and use that for salad dressing. Way fewer calories than the creamy stuff and as an added bonus, no extra sugar!