Where does your motivation come from

Options
I have succeeded at somethings, but not all things and unless I give up...i will accomplish this weight loss thing!

Todays motivation for me comes in the form of my Profile picture.... Looking back at the me I never want to be again.

What has motivated you TODAY? ....not yesterday or tommorow, just today.

Replies

• pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the this picture I found today from 2 years ago. Wow!!! Let's keep it pop'n!!!
  • elgrouse
    elgrouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking at peoples transformation pictures on here! When I'm feeling sluggish and not up to working out I have a look through this forum and get motivated by other peoples success. One day it WILL be me! :-)
  • mkwow
    mkwow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im sooo close to being out of the 200's and into ONEderland! That is my daily motivation to see the ONE! :)
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Shedding my health issues before they become bigger problems!
    Living as comfortably and healthfully as I can so that I can enjoy a life that lives up to its potential (longevity, quality of life, etc).
    Looking great, but more importantly, feeling great! Certain activities don't wind me as much as they used to and I feel happier and more energetic.
    I lost most of my anxiety and depression by exercising daily and taking steps to better my physical health.

EDIT: Sorry you asked about today, only! I read too quickly.
    My answer is that the sun is shining beautifully, the scale is down, and I can't wait to get outside and get some exercise in =)
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I find motivation daily, but I have built a group of habits.

I get up and go for a walk outdoors, first thing in the morning, six days a week, all year around. I live in an area where the weather makes that possible :-)

I drink a 24 oz bottle of water while I'm on that walk, six days a week.

I weigh in just about every morning. If I fell completely off the wagon the day before, I want the scale to scare me straight :-)

I log in to MFP every day and I NEVER lie about what I eat and drink. I never omit anything because I don't want it to look like I went over calories.

My motivation comes from the fact that I can wear everything in my closet again. I have a sizeable pile of clothes that are just too large to wear, waiting for me to take them to the thrift shop.
    My BMI is about 4 pounds into the Normal or Healthy range, yeah!
    I bought a size 8 skinny jeans last weekend and look good in them.
    My motivation continues because my knees and hips don't hurt.
    And of course some motivation comes from people I haven't seen in several months that tell me things like "You've lost weight" or "You look younger" (I love that one) or last week "You look taller" :-)

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from literally every step I take. My left ankle has 11 pins and two plates in from an accident I sustained last July Fourth weekend. I could not put any weight on my leg for three months and then I went through four months of physical therapy to learn how to walk again. I am motivated and grateful daily that I can walk to the gym and workout on the Arc Trainer and use the weight machines. I experience pain in every step I take but it is a wonderful reminder of how lucky I am to be upright and moving forward. Losing the weight I gained over the past ten years is part of my grand plan.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Knowing that tomorrow night is date night. I have to behave all week for that!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my motivation comes from being sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    that and a few years ago i was my 'goal weight' and still have all the skinny clothes in boxes. even brought them through a move.
  • funnyfitguy
    Options
    I just think about Veterans without any legs and stuff. That usually pumps me up.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    When my motivation drops I just keep telling myself... Today is the day you NEED to keep going the most.. because if I waited for the days that it just comes naturally & easily, or the day where I didn't have to push myself.. then I'd never stay on track - that goes for eating right and exercise.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    From the people around me who have succeeded and knowing that I can do that and deserve that! I also am tired of saying I'll stick with a healthy lifestyle and then 1 week later "giving in". Pictures help too!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My health is a big motivation. There is even a bit of an "EFF You" to all those who have doubted me in my life.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Today I have a personal training session, I'm motivated to keep up with the trainer and not look like a total effing amateur lol

A lot of my motivation is shallow, I like looking good. But I something that is always in my thoughts is having a random chance at something as amazing as life is awesome and I should honor it by being healthy and therefore the best version of me possible.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just happened to come across a vacation photo from September.......wow, I can't believe I was actually that big......made me sad but motiviated me to keep on going. I'm the lightest I've been in 8-9 years and my stamina has increased significantly.....that keeps me going
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My children...I want to keep up with them! I also love that my clothes are falling off!! New.... smaller clothes, now that's motivation!!!! Yipppeeee!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My personal motivation comes from God, God the Father, God the Son/Jesus and God The Holy Spirit (Today :o) The God of Abraham, Isaac ,Jacob and Jesus:heart:

I woke up this morning in a complete ugly funk. I started thinking about Jesus...how He lived His early life, being subject to imperfect parents, family members and everyone about Him and how HARD it must have been for Him--yet He did it and learned obedience thru what He suffered.

Then I started thinking about God The Father. How Merciful and Kind He Is to me--to bless me with The Knowledge of Himself and His Way, Truth and Life (which is sheer unadulterated foolishness to the world, the flesh and devil:cry: ), how He sees me blowing it day after day, not following Him as I should and things that just must break His heart how we live down here on earth, yet--He's Faithful and just and gave me another chance, because He woke me up this morning. He suffers long...and is kind and so should I be with my newLIFEstyle.

Then I started thinking about The Holy Spirit...How He is so different from me, How He leads me and guides me and helps me more and more to say YES to the people, places and things (food, drinks, stuff) He wants me to say YES to NO to the people, places and things He wants me to say NO to. No longer allowing ANYONE (including my own self/flesh) to deter, distract or dissuade me from my mission to be a better witness to/for Him (via my weight loss journey and living my life in general) and to LOVE others the same way and even more than I love myself.

That motivated me to not nurse a nasty tude, but to get my tail outside and walk, then come back and work-out, and look to Him for advice, direction, guidance on what to eat, drink, do, go, be TODAY...that's my motivation today---God is my motivation.

Note: Even though you specifically said for "TODAY" this is my motivation yesterday, today and forever:heart:
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    My motivation for today was that I was down 1/2 lb on the scale this morning. Looking at the message boards and seeing success stories are a real motivation for me. Especially when I see others that had the same starting weight I have and we are the same height. I also had to switch to a smaller skirt because the one I was wearing was falling off of me. Just three weeks ago the skirt fit me and today it was falling off. So that was my motivation for today.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the this picture I found today from 2 years ago. Wow!!! Let's keep it pop'n!!!

Amazing Pammie! so very proud of you woman! :heart:
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My motivation for today was that I was down 1/2 lb on the scale this morning. Looking at the message boards and seeing success stories are a real motivation for me. Especially when I see others that had the same starting weight I have and we are the same height. I also had to switch to a smaller skirt because the one I was wearing was falling off of me. Just three weeks ago the skirt fit me and today it was falling off. So that was my motivation for today.

Wonderful Motivation!!! We will never wear that skirt again!!! hooray! :bigsmile:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My motivation is from seeing my progress and knowing that I am in control today. I have the ability and privilege of eating well and doing healthy things for my body - something a lot of other people don't.

I sort of took my ability to run for granted until I realized some people absolutely cannot run (due to disability, accidents, etc) or are fighting health battles (like cancer). I'm grateful to not have either and want to celebrate that with treating myself right.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!