how can i lose it off my tummy ?

Options
i do zumba an hour a day ans eat 1200 calories a day its taken forever to go from my tummy help i do sit ups sometimes

Replies

• healthyJenn0915
    Options
    When you find the right answer let me know! I am 5lbs from my final goal weight, but my dang tummy is still there! Have done Insanity two times around which did make it smaller, along with 2 - 3 days a week at the gym. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty happy with where I am now, but I still have a little bit of a baby pouch that just doesn't want to go away! Good luck!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose it......All you can do is eat at a defecit and keep working hard. You just can't spot reduce fat.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Our bodies do tend to lose faster in certain areas but it's more down to genetics where.

Sit ups will tone your abs and make you tummy look smaller but it's really just a matter of keep losing all fat until you tummy fat reduces.

Sorry. :frown:
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Someone once suggested cutting out all sugar to help with the tummy problem. Don't know if it works, but it's all I can offer.
  • ollie2783
    Options
    Hi, Don't do sit ups. Sit ups will build muscle under the fat and make the tummy look bigger :(. Best to do cardio training untill tummy is down to where you want it and then do sit ups to tone up.
  • SoCaliBeachGirl1
    Options
    My tummy is my problem too. I try this planking (more like a sustained push up) move. I feel it in my abs. But, I guess it's just a gradual process.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    If you're eating wheat products try and give them up. When I dropped wheat from my diet I lost most of my weight in my belly! Good luck!! :)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, since I'm currently trying to get rid of my tummy myself, but I have always heard your stomach is the last place you lose fat. It's more about muscle mass/body fat % than "size." (I'm proof of this, since I'm "skinny fat.") I've also heard that abdominal fat deposits have more to do w/diet than exercise. "Abs are made in the kitchen." My best attempt at advice is to focus on strength training and high(er) protein diet.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can't.. Plain and Simple.

Lift weights, eat a deficit and do some cardio.. and when it wants to come off it will.
  • PraguuMaya
    Options
    You can't really target "tummy fat only".
    Try cardio. I do TurboFire and I only burn 1inch off my abs a week. Not much. :/ but getting there slowly.

If that's not helping then drink warm green tea. It helps you lose weight...but remember, green tea doesn't lose it for you, you still have to work for it.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    spot reducing doesn't happen but lots of cardio burns fat. Once I reached my goal I started doing 6 week 6 pack with Jillian Michaels and I am seeing amazing results. To get to this point-I did 60 min of circuit training 5 days a week and run 6.2 miles daily. Lots of hard work sista! I was lucky to lose in all the right places.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Genetics ....... get different parents

Oh how I wish this weren't true. With me it's my thighs (pear body type). All you can do is lose weight & exercise to tighten up your core. Pilates is great for the middle, it will help you "hold" everything in.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can't.. Plain and Simple.

Lift weights, eat a deficit and do some cardio.. and when it wants to come off it will.

Totally agree on the when it wants to it will...But yes strength training and cardio comibined is the best thing :)
  • lenaa50
    lenaa50 Posts: 34
    Options
    try pulling in your stomach muscles and hold for as long as you can while still breathing. you can eve do this while your walking. it helps your posture too.
  • cecilybright
    Options
    It's hard to target one specific area but these tips definitely help:

30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days per week (zumba is great but can you also add jogging or a cardio machine?)
    low carb, high fiber, lean protein diet (following South Beach diet recipes can help with menu ideas)
    reduce alcohol and sugar intake
    (belly fat=sugar and carbs)

Good Luck! : )
  • jaxboxchick
    Options
    Do something tougher than Zumba maybe. I do Zumba 2-3 times a week, but also do the Body Attack classes once a week and those offer a hard core burn/cardio. Zumba to me is a fun class and doesn't make me want to die when im done like some of the harder group classes.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hi, Don't do sit ups. Sit ups will build muscle under the fat and make the tummy look bigger :(. Best to do cardio training untill tummy is down to where you want it and then do sit ups to tone up.

I think this must be true. I have very low BF, a lot of muscle definition around my middle, and yet I am still straight up and down from my ribs to my hips. I know I am genetically predisposed not to have a defined waist, but it's bloody depressing! I don't put weight on my hips at all.