What do you eat to meet your daily goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mmm...1/3 white popcorn popped in two Tblspoons of peanut oil for 199 calories, throw some curry powder and a little salt on there.. yum. With a skinny cow ice cream sandwich chaser. Or a nice hot drink like chai with milk or hot cocoa.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    go over on protein its all good i go over like 50 to 100 grams a day just stay under your total calorie count. I am always way over on protein and fiber and down almost 40 pounds. I eat 7 times a day with 295 cals at each meal last meal @ 7:30 at night and the weight is falling off. You don't get hungry when your eating all day long
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter (on crackers, or apples, or carrots), and protein shakes. Fat-free frozen yogurt with pineapple, if I have the sugar available.
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    I usually just skip eating if I'm not hungry. Maybe I should, I don't know.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want...
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    Peanut butter on anything <3 Delicious and your body thanks you! :D (Unless you're over your daily fat already that is :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would have some ice cream, or a cupcake, maybe a couple cookies - or a drink (like hard cider or wine). If you've hit all your healthy macros, get to your calories goal with whatever food you happen to fancy. :-)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Stove popped popcorn. Spritz with olive oil spray, sprinkle on a little salt and grated parmesan. NOM
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, it's a little strange that you're 800 cals. below your daily goal after you've eaten all of your regular meals. You might try taking in more calories in each of your small meals throughout the day so you don't end up with this big shortfall at the end of each day. For instance, I'm eating between 1,800 and 1,900 a day right now. I leave about 800 for dinner and a nighttime snack. So if I were 800 cals. short AFTER I ate my usual meals, something would be really, really wrong. :smile:

But to answer your original question: Whatever you want!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    For me If I need to add more I'll cook a 3-5 oz chicken breast and a slice of cheese. Yes I love chicken. I don't worry about staying at the protein, I always double what MFP says.

This. IMO, MFP sets protein goals way too low.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you have your calories figured in for you so add your exercise calories that you will burn during exercise add them in early and divide that amount by how many meals you will eat for the day and spread that out evenly and if you need more or want more calories burn more calories than you added for the exercise and you have a surplus for say a treat
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies...keep them coming!

I filled up on a huge salad, between lunch and dinner. I think that's where I 'filled up'. Also worked out for an hour so that's where I had a bunch of calories to eat back (600 something according to my HRM)

I do eat way more protein than what MFP recommends too.
  • linksep
    linksep Posts: 4
    Options
    MFP is based on the USDA diet (which is based on the Pritikin Diet--low fat, high carb).

Watch the movie "Fat Head" on Hulu or Netflix, it explains how $$$ developed the USDA (Pritikin) diet and why it doesn't work. I'm ignoring MFP's Protein & carb recommendations of 15% protein, 55% carbs -- actually I'm more than ignoring it, I'm attempting to get most of my calories from fat & protein with very few from carbs Atkins/Paleo style. "Fat Head" is also what inspired me to loose some fat (I don't care about weight since muscle weighs more than fat--all I care about loosing is inches around my belly). I downloaded MFP to my phone to help me track intake, exercise, belly size, and body fat % so hopefully I can stick with it this time.

For nearly the last 30 years beef (protein & fat) consumption has been on the decline in the USA and yet we as a society are fatter than ever. The way I read that is: Less protein & fat makes you get fat. I figure the opposite must also be true; More protein & fat makes you get skinny.

Time will tell as I started my diet yesterday but I'm a huge believer in Einstein' definition of Insanity and also in the similar quote: "If you keep doing what you've been doing you'll keep getting what you've been getting." Maybe it's time to stop being insane by trying something other than the USDA/Pritikin diet.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would have some ice cream, or a cupcake, maybe a couple cookies - or a drink (like hard cider or wine). If you've hit all your healthy macros, get to your calories goal with whatever food you happen to fancy. :-)
    There ya go...perfect advice