Co- Worker

Options
2cutie
2cutie Posts: 10
I work with a office full of females I want to motivate them to get health anyone have any tips on how I can do that....

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Lead by example only. Don't tell them to get healthy, you'll just become the annoying one that everyone avoids.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lead by example only. Don't tell them to get healthy, you'll just become the annoying one that everyone avoids.

Truth.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    What about a challenge? My family and I always had a challenge before swimsuit season and also before we got to see everyone so that we'd all be amazed at how everyone looks....ect......

You could have points for every time they work out and you could have weekly challenges. The thing is is that you'd have to go by the honor system that everyone is counting up points truthfully and not just lying. You could all have a 5 dollar in to do the challenge and whomever has the most points at the game's end, wins!!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I set up a 'Healthy Eating and Living' lunch meeting for the people I worked with (all females). It was sponsored by some government agency, they provided a Subway lunch, the boss wanted to do it.

A bunch of people signed up...and all they did was laugh and talk thru the entire seminar, they were unbearably rude to the presenter. I was embarrassed for him.

True story.

Just eat healthy for yourself, and when you have a cute new figure, they will ask how you did it...THEN you can teach them how to eat healthy.
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    What about a challenge? My family and I always had a challenge before swimsuit season and also before we got to see everyone so that we'd all be amazed at how everyone looks....ect......

You could have points for every time they work out and you could have weekly challenges. The thing is is that you'd have to go by the honor system that everyone is counting up points truthfully and not just lying. You could all have a 5 dollar in to do the challenge and whomever has the most points at the game's end, wins!!

Maybe just let them know that you are looking to get healthy and if anyone else is already trying or wants that you like to ge ta challenge going for motivation. A few of us did this when we finished school and wanted to shed some of the weight we gained while we were sitting on our butts studying... We checked in once a week and the goal was to lose 1 pound a week and if you didn't you put a dollar into the pot, if you gained weight that week you put two dollars in the pot...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're tactful about it. I can very easily see your ideas coming off as, "you're all fat, but I can help you fix it." I think the best thing to do is just be a good example, don't talk about it unless someone is really interested. You can't force people to change.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Of course you can take in large baskets of fruit, post healthy recipes on community bulletin boards, WOW them with how many squats you can do or talk to them about a new fitness routine you've been trying to master. You can ask them if they'd like to join you at a "insert local dance/jazzercise/exercise class" on Wednesday evening after work.

Those are all things that let them come to you for advice rather than you seeming like the ex-smoker at the smoker's corner outside.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Say nothing unless asked. Trust us on this. I don't even talk about food choices to people....there is no polite way to "influence" people other than be a good example.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Easy!

1. Inform them they are fat.
    2. Be sure to tell them they are lazy.
    3. Emphasize the poor quality of their diet.
    4. Create a food and excersize plan you find appropriate for them.
    5. Remind them of their new health plan as often as possible.

Good luck!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bring healthy and delicious meals or snacks to work. When they eye your food saying "oooh, that looks good!" offer them a taste. If you can, bring enough to share. :smile:
    When they see you getting fit and looking great while eating good food...you may just find you've started something.
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    Hand out copys of Rocky IV thats enough to get jabba the hut running so it should inspire your workmates lol, as long as your doing your thing thats all that matters, good luck :)
  • 2cutie
    2cutie Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes I think leading by example is great I also bring in healty snacks to eat for everyone...There is one that eats at her desk all day long on chips.. So I just realize that if thats what she wants to do then fine. But I try to stay focus on the right things to eat especially being at a desk for 8hours.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Easy!

1. Inform them they are fat.
    2. Be sure to tell them they are lazy.
    3. Emphasize the poor quality of their diet.
    4. Create a food and excersize plan you find appropriate for them.
    5. Remind them of their new health plan as often as possible.

Good luck!

:laugh: :drinker: