Jillian michaels kickboxing fast fix?

Options
Just bought it today, starting tomorrow. Who has already started?

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Ive done level one, which was intense, and then the second time i tryed it i did one and three! Three wasnt as hard! It is literally all together 20 mins, and you will have to get used to the moves....im having a hard time pushing myself hard when i dont know what im doing! I tend to stop and watch them do it to much!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Ive done level one, which was intense, and then the second time i tryed it i did one and three! Three wasnt as hard! It is literally all together 20 mins, and you will have to get used to the moves....im having a hard time pushing myself hard when i dont know what im doing! I tend to stop and watch them do it to much!

Did you watch the tutorial first? I found it helpful but I'm still working on finding my balance on some of the alternating kicks.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Never tried it-but might have to add this to my JM collection-she has kicked my butt right into shape!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just got it in the mail, but have yet to open it up... Might have to start it on Monday!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Did you watch the tutorial first? I found it helpful but I'm still working on finding my balance on some of the alternating kicks.

No but i doubt i would remember...may give it a try next time! Thanks
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggesting the tutorial part.....I might need that one since I've only did a little kickboxing in her other videos
  • savisue
    savisue Posts: 6
    Options
    I plan on starting it Monday too! It looks like a good workout and good kick to get back to working out. Would love to hear everyone's progress :) Good luck to all!
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just got it the other day! Did level one and it is fast! I think it will take a few times to keep up with the combos. I would reccomend watching the tutorial also!
  • kkrobins
    kkrobins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    She is a beast!!! You gotta love it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it all week - love it! I did watch the tutorial first, definitely helped, because the workouts are fast & furious. I think Workout 2 is the most intense, but they are work you pretty good. Yesterday I managed to to all three workouts back to back - it was tough but fun. :tongue: Great calorie burn, too. To do all three, when she starts the cool down on Workout 1, I hit the forward button to go to the next chapter. It takes me to the workout menu & I just click Workout 2 and go on. I only did the cool down on the last workout.

Fun to do one, two or all three workouts - whatever you have time and/or energy for! :smile:
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Did workout 1 this morning and loved it. Worked up a good sweat for only 20 minutes
  • caydensmomma2011
    Options
    Did levels 1 and 3 together but I couldn't make it all three of them. By the time I was done I looked like I just took a shower, I was drenched in sweat. I do it with her 30 day shred. By the time I'm done I feel like dying.
  • livelife02
    Options
    How would you add this to your daily diary thing.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    just received my one, have had a look at the tutorial first to get my head around the correct techniques. it looks like fun !
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How would you add this to your daily diary thing.
    I have a heart rate monitor, so I log my calories burned from that. Otherwise, find whatever matches up best in the MFP database. Kickboxing is probably in there, but not sure I would log it as such, since the workout really is circuits of various moves centered on kickboxing....maybe just log it as circuit training? Not sure.
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I LOVE her kickboxing video. It's what I turn to when I want a good amount of cardio in a short amount of time. It also really really helps when you've had a crappy day and you just wanna kick the **** out of somebody. :D I'm sure we all have those days! Helps release some tension and aggression and when you're done it feels great. It also helps to see all those tough chicks doing it with her - I figure if they can do it, so can I!
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    im SO uncoordinated on the moves ive even done the tutorial but i know shes going to go to fast for me in the video (my balance is off because of meds) what do you suggest i do?
  • kjsidney
    Options
    Do anybody have an idea how much calories do you burn from doing this DVD?
  • talynn3286
    talynn3286 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would also love to know about average calories. This is one of my favorite work out DVDs. She actually didn't design this one with levels like her other DVDs. The one I have is 1 for arms, 2 for legs and 3 is ABs. Once you get used to the moves it's a lot of fun. I find it easier to not look at the girls when they do the combinations and repeat in my head what to do. Best 20 min you could ask for in a work out!
  • ShrodieCat
    Options
    Is it harder than The Shred?