Help me! I have gotten off track.

Options
I am off track. My son left for basic training and I guess missing him I am consoling myself with food. We went on vacation and I did great but when my son left I fell off the wagon. I think I have gained three pounds and I stopped exercising. I need motivation gang! Please help! I have a long way to go and I don't need a set back. Thanks for all your help. Laurie

73242.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• Tigger1968
    Options
    I totally understand your pain! Pick up your tennis shoes, open the door and walk off all that sadness! It is not easy and I know next fall I will be in the same situation. My son is a senior and will either be going to college or the military--- we want college and then military, but hey I will be proud either way. It is easy to fall into that comfort eating!
    Log everything you eat and then you will start saying, "hey<I am not hungry!" You can do it, one step/day at a time!:bigsmile:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Aww, well first, thanks to your son for serving our country. I am sure you are very proud of him. My suggestions for getting back on track are to start slow with walks whenever your schedule allows, then maybe borrow some cardio workout DVDs from the library, each week try to do a little more than the previous week. This approach worked really good for me after I had stopped exercising for 4 months. Good Luck, I know you can do it! :happy:
  • lahollis
    lahollis Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks! I needed to hear that. I read about your son and your wanting him to go to college than military. My son is going to college after basic because the military will foot the bill. Also give him money to live on while he is going to college. Something to think about but I am sure you are aware of this. Just thought I would remind you. Thanks, Laurie.

73242.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    I've gotten off track too... :grumble: I totally feel your pain.

But today, I told myself that I was going to get back on the website and start logging my food again. I saw your post, and I thought maybe we could both use some encouragement. :flowerforyou: Don't worry. Today is a new day and a new start.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Just reaching out like this says that you're ready to get back on track. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Put on your walking shoes and go for a walk.

While you're walking, plan your meals and snacks for the rest of the day

Then make the decision to follow your plan even if it means staring at the clock waiting for meal time and drinking water while you wait:drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: .

Then do the same thing tomorrow

It will get better

Take it one day at a time
    You can do this:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    I can't even image how difficult it is for you right now. It's ok that you got off track, now just come back and make your son proud!:flowerforyou:

I recommend finding a message board group to keep yourself accountable for your actions. For me, I joined a group that exercises in a similar way. Accounting to them everyday on the message board has helped me stay on track. Maybe even start a blog! Even on the days I would normally eat some Ben and Jerrys--> I find that keeping myself accountable to them has helped me stay on track.:wink:

Good luck- you can do it!
  • Tigger1968
    Options
    how's it going? Hopefully you are making it a great day! I did forget to say thank you to your son for serving our country---my husband and I are both veterans and appreciate our service men and women! Make the goal of loosing so much by the time he graduates basic! You know he will loose weight! Keep going and you can do it! :tongue:
    I am depressed it rained for my evening walk :sad: