Hotel cleaner

Options
Hi there,
I am just curious how many calories I may burn working at a hotel all day?
I work 7-9 hours. I go up and down stairs (There are no elevators) and carry big loads in laundry baskets, as well as the basic- bed making, vacuuming, bathroom/kitchen cleaning. I entered it into the exercise section (I put 5 hours to count in breaks and times Im not working as hard) and tells me I would have burned 900-1200 calories. I know that isn't right and I would never eat that much more..

Does anyone have any idea ??

Thanks

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am just curious how many calories I may burn working at a hotel all day?
    I work 7-9 hours. I go up and down stairs (There are no elevators) and carry big loads in laundry baskets, as well as the basic- bed making, vacuuming, bathroom/kitchen cleaning. I entered it into the exercise section (I put 5 hours to count in breaks and times Im not working as hard) and tells me I would have burned 900-1200 calories. I know that isn't right and I would never eat that much more..

Does anyone have any idea ??

Thanks

Well remember, you would burn 60-100 cals an hour just sitting, breathing, swallowing...etc.

I only add in extra work/exercise. I have always done housework, or carry out the garbage.........but if I dig a hole for 30 minutes and get my HR up I count it.

If your wrote ACTIVE when you signed up, you prob have already added your occupation in the baseline of your calories in/out.

I am tired...........so I hope what I said made sense:flowerforyou:
  • catarina
    catarina Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you!!
    :D