Hello!

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
Hi there!

My name's Carmen, and I am 18 years old.

Stats;

Current weight - 196lbs/14st

Goal weight - 140lbs/10st

Height - (I think I'm) 5"5

Dress size - 16-18

Calories per day; 1, 500.

Exercise - None for now, though I work 4 times per week at a busy Starbucks.

Bodytype - Hourglass/pear

Background;

I was a slim baby, skinny child and curvy teenager. Then, when I was 14 years old, I ran away from home for four months. While I was away, I lost so much weight my ribs were sticking out and my smallest jeans were dropping off me.

When I came back home, I ate, and ate, and ate, and ATE like I would never be able to eat again. I ate a RIDICULOUS amount. The weight started to come back on - nicely at first. I was a size 10-12, and it was PERFECT. But, of course, eating like that has consequences.

One day, I woke up and I didn't recognise myself.

Everyone kept telling me I'd put on weight. I didn't want to listen. Then it hit me, and even now, I am in denial. I'm not 'that' fat, but yes, I am.

In my second year of college, I spiralled further and further into depression. I stopped going to college and worked part-time instead. I sat in bed all day, I ate. I ate whole trifles, gateaux, cakes to myself. And the weight piled on.

Then six months ago, I met my other half and started working at Starbucks. Being in a comfortable relationship and working in a place where one drink can be almost a quarter of your calorie allowance allowed me to put on even MORE weight.

So here I am. Fat, unhappy and embarassed to look at myself in the mirror.

So that's me! Hope I get a warm welcome! Sorry if this post is kind of vague - I wasn't sure what to write.

ETA: Does anyone know how to edit your signature and add pics in here, or do you have to have a certain amount of posts before that becomes available to you?

Replies

• AngieWoods67
    Options
    welcome !
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    welcome !

Wow, fast reply! Thank you!
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hiya Carmen! Welcome....you will find that there are lots of supportive people on this site, and some very motivating and inspiring stories! You can do this :)
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lol it was great!! I know your life story. Nice to meet you! You can friend me if you like but I do like friends that are supportive by commenting on my statues as they can because I like to do the same in return.. :smile:
  • SoCaliBeachGirl1
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too! No worries. We can got this. Nothin to it but to do it :)!~
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    welcome if you need support feel free to add me :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Thank you so much, guys :smile:

Now, how to add a signature and photos. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts to be able to do that?
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Hiya Carmen! Welcome....you will find that there are lots of supportive people on this site, and some very motivating and inspiring stories! You can do this :)

Thank you! I hope I can do this, because I want the old me back :(
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Lol it was great!! I know your life story. Nice to meet you! You can friend me if you like but I do like friends that are supportive by commenting on my statues as they can because I like to do the same in return.. :smile:

:laugh:

I'm still trying to get my head around the site, but I will try my best, mmm'kay? :tongue:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Welcome :D

And exactly! PMA, PMA! (Almost wrote PMS :laugh: )
  • SoCaliBeachGirl1
    Options

LoL! Maybe a little bit of both!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    welcome if you need support feel free to add me :)

Thank you x
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

LoL! Maybe a little bit of both!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I think I may post some pictures soon .. I need to take some for before and after.
  • Grenadyna
    Options
    Hi, if you need support, friend - add me ! :) Good luck girl! :)
  • cheeryel
    cheeryel Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi there! i think I'm about the same size as you! Let's work hard towards our goals! (:
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carmen! You've come to the right place. There's a lot of support here as well as great ideas to keep you going.