The Truth

Options
We are all unique. Different physical characteristics, different genetics, medicatons, limitsations etc, etc, This is why each of us will have to do slightly different things to get the fat loss going. Be prepared for a long-term commitment, Excuses are for losers and fat people!

Anyone that has lost a bunch of weight will tell you one thing - consistency is the number one key no matter what your issues. Doing it day after day, doing it when it hurts, doing it when you dont want to, consistency of eating clean healthy foods, and cosnistency with exercise. if you can be cosnistent you will win!

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Excellent speech! Especially the excuses part. When I stopped making them 46 lbs ago it was the start of something great!
  • SoCaliBeachGirl1
    Options
    Good call! No excuses. No pain no gain. And the results make it all worth it.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was consistency ... but I just looked at it as ...

Change it up ... Don't screw it up ... and never ever give up ! :wink:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    in the world we live in right now with fast food, drive true, the right here right now and instant gratification, weight loss is a slow process and need consistancy. No wonder the diet pills are so popular and why the number of over weight adults is always growing.
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    :wink: I agree 1000% Ray!!! i used to hit a 2-3 day plateau... now it's more like a 2-3 week pleateau. If I werent consistant I wouldnt have my breakthroughs!!! I hate it when the scale doesnt budge...or goes up & down by a couple of pounds but, man I love it when i loose 6-10lbs in a week after my breakthrough! Oh Yeah!!! It is so worth it! CONSISTANCY IS THE KEY!!!
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you.....Every time I feel like I can't do my daily exercise I just remember all the times I started a diet and they all fell through because of days like that....so I push through even when I was sick to do my daily exercise....Now I'm down 46 pounds and feel GREAT!!!!! Now I'm addicted to exercising which I never thought I would be...I must say you had a good speech. I do get tired of excuses...I work a full time job AND I have 2 kids (dealing with cooking, cleaning and spending time with my girls)at home but I still find time to exercise....When I hear excuses it drives me nuts!!! People just need to admit they don't eat right or exercise...not "I didn't have time" There is always time if you want there to be Biggest Loser show will tell you that LOL....Get up earlier in the morning if anything!!
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Commitment is not making a one time choice, it's making that choice over and over and over, day in and day out.. That's what we strive for!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • NanniesKitchen
    Options
    YAY! :happy: