Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5K NSV

JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
I received 2 wonderful NSV's today at the 5K I ran.

1. When I registered online for the race I didn't include a shirt since I don't wear the shirts from my last (and only) 2 races. However, when I got to the registration table I saw the shirts were a microfiber ( sort of like a dri-fit) and long sleeved. I asked if I could still buy one and the lady looked me up and down and said "You will have to settle for a medium since we don't have any small left". I could have kissed her!

2. My time for the 5K was 31.09. I was a little disappointed since my Labor Day race time was 30:59. Then I looked at my GPS watch and realized I ran 3.26 miles, not 3.1! That put my pace at 9:33 vs 10:00 for Labor Day.

Winner, winner, grilled chicken dinner!

Replies

• lunarastro
    lunarastro Posts: 32 Member
    so awesome!. My goal for the fall ( i just started this 3 months ago) is to do my first 5k- WALKING! I cant even imagine running one and at 9>33 per mile at that! You Rock!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 172 Member
    Great job.
  • JoolieW68
    so awesome!. My goal for the fall ( i just started this 3 months ago) is to do my first 5k- WALKING! I cant even imagine running one and at 9>33 per mile at that! You Rock!

That is a great goal, and I bet you can do it. :). I have a friend who has the same goal - to walk the Labor Day race I ran last year.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Awesome job, woman!!! I knew about the 2nd NSV, but the first one is maybe even more FANTASTIC!!!! You are such an inspiration. I'm hoping to get my 5K time down below 10 minutes this year.... you give me hope!!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    WOOT! Good for you!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Both of those are awesome! My minutes per mile are double of yours, but someday I'll run like you ;)
  • jrow0524
    jrow0524 Posts: 42
    I just ran two miles today for the first time ever. My time was 24.20. It's not much but I'm pretty damn proud of that.

Awesome job! I can't wait till I am where you are...
  • JoolieW68
    You guys will get there, I know it. A year ago I couldn't even run a full mile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!