Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

do you girls gain/not lose at your time of month?

2»

Replies

• crazybusymom
    crazybusymom Posts: 5 Member
    totally normal for me. i try to quit weighing myself until it's over and turn it into a private contest to see where i'll come out on the other side!
  • Crystler
    Crystler Posts: 67
    I blow up like a balloon during that month. I eat candy before I start, so if I am eating chocolate I know I'm going to start, but ever since 2 years ago My period is shorter only lasts 4-6 days. Most of all, I must add I look bigger because I'm retaining water, which is odd. I am blown up right now, I am not even sure what's going on, but I have contacted my doctor to ask for a OBGYN. :)
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 92 Member
    I gain/stay the same the week before and then straight after I have a big loss.

Also the week before I am always so hungry, I am experiencing this now and will have to eat up to my daily allowance of calories when normally I would strugle! Normally though I would comfort it, I haven't this month!!!
  • chelleyr9
    chelleyr9 Posts: 22 Member
    Gain about 3-6 pounds...keep working out hard and eating right and those pounds drop off as well as a couple more pounds. I always look forward to how much I have actually lost when the water weight drops back off.
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    I gain 5-7 lbs it starts a day or two ahead of arrival. The gain peaks at about day two and then slowly drops off by day five. That is how I knew I was pregnant with all of my kids because didn't gain weight. Although I have to say i was cracking up at all the names you guys have chasing the cotten mouse, Red Tide... it was funny to me!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    I tend to gain 2-5lbs depending on my sodium intake the entire week before. I just am not going to weigh myself around that time don't need the discouragement. Also I know that sometimes upping your exercise can change your TOM.
  • ebbtime
    ebbtime Posts: 35 Member
    I know I gain around that time b/c all I want to do is munch. Aside from that, you mentioned 1/2 weeks late w/no poss of preggers. I have PCOS & it causes periods to come/go when they please.
  • scrach
    scrach Posts: 19 Member
    I eat SOOO much a few days before until day 2, i actually look forward to my period starting so i don't feel hungry every 5 minutes!! Usually put on a pound or so then lose about 4 pounds after all finished. Us women have all the fun :)
  • Samie8183
    Samie8183 Posts: 5 Member
    I gain about 3-5lbs around that time. Sometimes a bit more if I'm irregular for some reason.
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    My fluctuations are crazy. The week after TOM I barely lose any weight. The next week (ovulation) I normally loose a pound. The week before I lose a little bit more (1-2 pounds). Then tday 4 (or so) of TOM I normally lose 3-4 pounds. Only been doing this for 2 months but that’s what I noticed so far. I have an app on my I phone called “M.Calendar” (it’s free). It has helped me track things better including ovulation, cycle times, weight, mood, bloating, etc. I have other issues which is primarily why I use it but it may also help you track how it affects you.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    i generally gain 2-3 lbs. I dont weight in that week
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Not sure about the first question, I haven't had it in a long time due to birth control.

But with amenorrhea, it can definitely be caused by the diet and exercise. Depending on how long it's been, maybe give your OB a call.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Since my second child, I retain boston harbor, so I will weigh anywhere from 3 to 7 pounds more depending on what kind of bender I went on. It takes me about a week after to get back to my regular weight, so I really only know my weight for 2 weeks out of a month...