Zumba

Options
Wondering what calories burned for Zumba would be?

Replies

• ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
  • amandalfraser
    amandalfraser Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks:)
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I do my Zumba on the Wii it tells me how many calories I burned based on how I kept up with the routine. Although I am told that it varies depending on your weight. On average my twenty minute workout Zumba easy/beginner burns about 415-420 calories depending on the effort I put to it.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    When I do my Zumba on the Wii it tells me how many calories I burned based on how I kept up with the routine. Although I am told that it varies depending on your weight. On average my twenty minute workout Zumba easy/beginner burns about 415-420 calories depending on the effort I put to it.

The website has a calculator that takes your weight, intensity of the work-out and duration and figures out the approximate calories burned. I've also used the Wii and they are pretty close.
  • losetobemeagain
    losetobemeagain Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I was so happy when I found this site.
  • janet0208
    Options
    I do Zumba at the gym with a live instructor. For the one-hour class, two people were wearing those heart monitors that measure intensity and calories burned. For 60 min it ranged from 700-900 calories. We do have a super intense instructor who gives zero breaks! Very very hard class!
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do guys do Zumba classes as well? I've been tempted to try a class lately for fun, but don't want look like a pervert being the only guy in the class lol.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Do guys do Zumba classes as well? I've been tempted to try a class lately for fun, but don't want look like a pervert being the only guy in the class lol.

We do have one guy in our class, actually. But, he's been the only one. My husband went to one with me and had a blast and wasn't intimidated at all. It's what you make of it. But, honestly, ours is usually all girls (if the one guy doesn't make enrollment...)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options

There are two guys in my zumba class. They are regulars, and I do not think they are perverts. Its great to have the opposite sex shaking their booty with you!
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options

Absolutely! I am an instructor and have two classes that only one male in each participate. No one thinks you are a pervert, we are too busy having fun and burning a lot of calories! Go try it,, you won't regret it! :)
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    I do Zumba at the gym with a live instructor. For the one-hour class, two people were wearing those heart monitors that measure intensity and calories burned. For 60 min it ranged from 700-900 calories. We do have a super intense instructor who gives zero breaks! Very very hard class!

I consider myself a super intense intructor, and I give no breaks either. There are 3 ladies that wear HRM and me. I burn between 400-550, one of the other ladies burns 650-750 (older/heavier), another girl (younger/heavier) burns about 600-650; and another (same age as me/a little heavier) burns 350-450. So the bottom line is, it depends on age, weight, fitness level, and how intense one moves. Therefore, I think your average could be possible for the women on the older/heavier side, and a little less than the high end for the not as heavy/younger crowd. Overall, it does burn a lot! :)