New and ready to help and be helped.

Options
Hello everyone, I started this weightloss journey 3 weeks ago, i've been eating 1200 calories a day and been running 30 minutes a day. I've only lost 5 lbs! I feel like i'm gonna lose it, i feel like its all in vain! I get frustrated when i dont see results after all my hard work! Does anyone know how i feel?? Im glad i found this website because I dont have many friends to support me and my husband thinks im foolish for trying to lose weight so HELP!

Replies

• 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel...just stick it out, you'll get over the 'hump' eventually!
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy I know how frustrating it can be especially without support. I must ask , Are you logging EVERYTHING thing you eat?. I had the same problem and realized that even 1 piece of a chip or anything like that can push you back if your not accounting for it. Also can you add in another workout or more exercie, evven just for a few mintues? I realized that adding workouts help keep you on track. Its sooooo easy to gain weight but really diffcult to lose...Keep Pushing and try your best nd itll happeen
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend and give support. I have felt like that at times.. so much that I have screamed at the scale haha. Honestly 5 pounds in 3 weeks is not bad though. 2 pounds a week is the top of the recomended (healthy) weight loss amount. I have lost around 13 pounds. If I average it out by weeks I have lost about 1.5 lbs per week. I am not discouraged by that at all! The reason: If I lose it any faster I know it won't stay off. And isn't that the goal...to get and keep it off. I hope this helps. You can do this! It takes time but it is worth it.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how much are you trying to lose?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What I would give to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks.

Sorry that is a bit harsh of me.
    I think you are doing well. 5 lbs in 3 weeks is a great rate to lose weight. Do some research though to make sure you are eating enough. It is deceptively easy to eat too little and still think you are doing right.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, this is not a race and it will come. I understand you want it faster so do I. I have lost about 46 lbs since September 27 2011 and I have only lost 6 lbs the last 5 weeks.I am aiming for around 25 more lbs. This is frustrating to a point but its ok, I am still getting to where I want to be whether it be next week or 4 months away. I am getting healthier every step I take whether I lose a pound now or not.

Any one is free to add me, I will give any support I can.
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you're going through.

But remember, it's not always about the number on the scale, but your lifestyle change. Losing weight slowly is the safest way to lose weight. I love myfitnesspal.com because not only does it count your calories, but you can also track how much food you are consuming in each food group. I've tried low carb diets for a couple days to get over the humps. I read in a Muscle and Fitness magazine that helps burn more fat.

Good luck!!
  • Betsy_g
    Betsy_g Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you Rayhamilton! im so glad i found this website, these are the things i needed to hear!
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    Hi Betsy I know how frustrating it can be especially without support. I must ask , Are you logging EVERYTHING thing you eat?. I had the same problem and realized that even 1 piece of a chip or anything like that can push you back if your not accounting for it. Also can you add in another workout or more exercie, evven just for a few mintues? I realized that adding workouts help keep you on track. Its sooooo easy to gain weight but really diffcult to lose...Keep Pushing and try your best nd itll happeen

Hello! Thank u for writing. I didnt think one or two chips or crackers made a difference but you're right i need to add everything i eat.
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    I would love to be your friend and give support. I have felt like that at times.. so much that I have screamed at the scale haha. Honestly 5 pounds in 3 weeks is not bad though. 2 pounds a week is the top of the recomended (healthy) weight loss amount. I have lost around 13 pounds. If I average it out by weeks I have lost about 1.5 lbs per week. I am not discouraged by that at all! The reason: If I lose it any faster I know it won't stay off. And isn't that the goal...to get and keep it off. I hope this helps. You can do this! It takes time but it is worth it.

You are so right! I just keep thinking short term and not long term.
    Congrats on those 13 pounds! Thank you for the support, hope i can be of some help on your weightloss too :)
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how much are you trying to lose?

When i started i was weighing 159 I now weigh 154, I would like to weigh 135.
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating 1200cals a day and running 30mins, could be you're not getting enough? Maybe try eating back your exercise cals a couple times... Congrats on the progress so far! YOu're doing amazing!
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    What I would give to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks.

Sorry that is a bit harsh of me.
    I think you are doing well. 5 lbs in 3 weeks is a great rate to lose weight. Do some research though to make sure you are eating enough. It is deceptively easy to eat too little and still think you are doing right.

I know sarah, im sorry. Im still fresh into my new lifestyle that to me one day seems like 10 without eating my favorite foods. I feel like i've been doing this for months!!! I miss french fries and burgers and SODA! I guess thats why i expect results so quickly cuz one week is like a month for me!
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, this is not a race and it will come. I understand you want it faster so do I. I have lost about 46 lbs since September 27 2011 and I have only lost 6 lbs the last 5 weeks.I am aiming for around 25 more lbs. This is frustrating to a point but its ok, I am still getting to where I want to be whether it be next week or 4 months away. I am getting healthier every step I take whether I lose a pound now or not.

Any one is free to add me, I will give any support I can.

Thank you! and wow 46 lbs is awesome! I can learn a lot from your strong will and focus! Thank you for your encouragement!
  • Betsy_g
    Options
    I completely understand what you're going through.

But remember, it's not always about the number on the scale, but your lifestyle change. Losing weight slowly is the safest way to lose weight. I love myfitnesspal.com because not only does it count your calories, but you can also track how much food you are consuming in each food group. I've tried low carb diets for a couple days to get over the humps. I read in a Muscle and Fitness magazine that helps burn more fat.

Good luck!!

I'm learning as I go, I've never counted calories the way i do now. It is a totally different lifestyle for me, its hard to maintain but definetely worth it. I have so much more energy now, and I feel great.
    Thank you, i need to inform myself more on what i eat.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

^^^^ I co-sign this for sure. I need to hold myself accountable, and logging everything has really helped me....along with no soda and lots of water (I have to drink 2 glasses for every 1 of Sweet Tea I drink).

I get discouraged quite easily as well, I think it has a lot to do with our "add water and stir" lifestyles now - we thrive on instant gratification. You didn't gain the weight overnight, it won't come off overnight. I keep reminding myself of this.

Keep your chin up :smile:
  • tarak83
    tarak83 Posts: 40
    Options
    5 lbs. in 3 weeks is really good! Keep in mind that you are also building muscle (which weights more than fat) by running!