Weighing in?

Options
how often do people weigh in?
I'm guessing you do it once a week, same time?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I log it once a week, same scale, same time. But I weigh every day, just to see what's going on.
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea.....I was logging every day, but it can bounce around a fair bit....especially 'that time' of the month....
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once a week on a Friday morning before breakfast but after ablutions (sorry TMI!), but "unofficially" I hop on the scales most mornings just to keep an eye on things.

Now some would call this obsessive, I know, but it keeps me on track and I don't stress the small daily fluctations that can be due to water, carb bloat or many other things.

As long as the scales says I weigh less on official weigh in day than I did last week, I am more than happy with that!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If I did every day (which I have) I'd go cray cray. I do once a week, but if I am feeling nervous, I "spot check".
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month. It gives me a chance to work thru plateaus and get the results I want.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. If I weigh daily and I'm up even a little bit I friek out and get down on myself and it totally demotivates me. For now weekly works for me and keeps me in check. It helps to be part of a challenge as well to keep you accountable.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on line once a week, on a Sunday morning, but weight myself every morning and most evenings before I eat my dinner, when i feel empty from lunch time and feel quite hungry!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh in a few times just to keep a stricter mindframe. I log my weight each time whether its a loss or a gain.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day in the morning only once.
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but have an "official" weigh in once a week. That's a carryover from ww but keeps me from going off track when I know my official weigh in is coming up. Small goals!
  • day_dreamr24
    Options
    I weigh in/take measurements once a week (Thurs to be specific), that way I don't have to worry about the weekends, in case I decide to have a cheat day :smile:
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning. It helps me to stay focused. However my official weigh in day is on Saturday Morning. That is the number I use.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Weekly
  • dsmutch1
    dsmutch1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I think I will try to weigh in everyday for the first little bit...you guys are doing great...lots of weight loss!!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I weigh 2x a week. Fridays and Mondays.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I don't own a scale so I have only been able to weight every 6 to 8 weeks when I go to the doctor. I do, however, measure my waist and hips every week. Seems much less stressful than weighing.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, and will log a loss after a couple days of the same weight. I know my pattern and I only fluctuate a couple of pounds during the day, so if I see the same weight two mornings in a row. It's a loss for me.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday day, but log on Sunday..
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Once a week, especially now since I asked my husband to hide the scale (I was a bit obsessed by it and if the scale went up, my mood went down) - and now I have no choice but to weigh in once a week. And you know what? I feel pretty good for it!!
  • paulyemily
    Options
    Once a week. I don't touch the scale unless it's Sunday morning!