Protein

Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
Where can I find some cheap protein? Also, what is your favorite flavor ?

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i buy mine from gmc-wheybolic. but you can buy it on amazon for a really affordable price. optimum nutrition is the most popular brand among my male friends.

i heard cinnamons really good. i like cookies n cream also.
    vanilla is the easily to add different flavors to so you can customize it though (since they get boring after a while if you dont).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I like beef flavoured protein, fresh off the BBQ.
  • day_dreamr24
    Options
    Cheap protein...I've haven't come across one that tasted good. How cheap are you talking? I use is MRM 100% Whey protein (Dutch Chocolate) and I really enjoy the taste. For 2 lbs it ranges from $25-40 depending on where you buy it from (plus tax and/or shipping)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/pumped.html
  • day_dreamr24
    Options
    I like beef flavoured protein, fresh off the BBQ.

Hahaha, I agree!! :laugh:
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    amazon.com, baby. optimum nutrition vanilla ice cream to mix in my fruit smoothies and extreme milk chocolate to mix with coconut milk after a work out!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I like the optimum nutrition brand. I buy from bodybuilding.com
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    www.vitacost.com Nobody beats there prices they have free shipping for a limited time. I buy Designer Whey Protein from them low calories low carbs and filling.
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate, the price for 5LBs is up to about 50 bucks on bodybuilding.com, I have been using it for years and its been the top rated on the site for years. 24 grams protein and very little carbs only 120 cals, also has BCAA's and gultamine for recovery.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Don't go to GNC!!
    They are way overpriced & their sales people usually try to push crap on you that they need to sell
    The first time I went to GNC they sold me a 6 pound tub for $120.......... (First time buying supplements, never happened again)
    I can get a 6 pound tub from just about anywhere else for $45-$100 nowhere near GNC's prices....
    Also don't go to wal-mart or your grocery store. Go to either bodybuilding.com store (they have the best prices!!)
    Or go to any other supplement store or health food store Or " DO WHATEVER THE F*&K YOU WANNA DO!!! "

I suggest not going with a "Cheap" protein either.
    It'll probably be full of sugar or taste like crap.

Short answer : bodybuilding.com store has the best prices if not then any supplement/health food store thats not GNC, Grocery store or Wal-mart type places....

I like Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition .. gives you a blend of fast&slow absorbing proteins. I pay $33 for a 2 pound container from my local Supplement shop
  • AfonsoSilva
    Options
    Where can I find some cheap protein? Also, what is your favorite flavor ?

Sam's Club sells GNC Pro Performance Amplified Whey Protein in two flavors: Chocolate (my favorite) and Vanilla. Cost is $18 for a 2lb bottle.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use Labrada Lean body cookies & cream flavor, optimum nutrition is also a good brand

other protein sources: canned tuna, hard boiled eggs
  • scott1280
    scott1280 Posts: 19
    Options
    Costco sells the muscle milk powder - Chocolate all the way!:tongue:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of my supplements and vitamins from Vitaglo.com. They have that Optimum Nutrition, 5# for $48.99. Free shipping if the order is over $50. I gone there for years and never had a problem. I just bought the Now Vitamins - Whey Protein Isolate 1.2 Lb. Natural Unflavored for $17.99.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Don't go to GNC!!
    They are way overpriced & their sales people usually try to push crap on you that they need to sell
    The first time I went to GNC they sold me a 6 pound tub for $120.......... (First time buying supplements, never happened again)
    I can get a 6 pound tub from just about anywhere else for $45-$100 nowhere near GNC's prices....
    Also don't go to wal-mart or your grocery store. Go to either bodybuilding.com store (they have the best prices!!)
    Or go to any other supplement store or health food store Or " DO WHATEVER THE F*&K YOU WANNA DO!!! "

I suggest not going with a "Cheap" protein either.
    It'll probably be full of sugar or taste like crap.

Short answer : bodybuilding.com store has the best prices if not then any supplement/health food store thats not GNC, Grocery store or Wal-mart type places....

I like Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition .. gives you a blend of fast&slow absorbing proteins. I pay $33 for a 2 pound container from my local Supplement shop

i got 4 lbs of protein there for like 25-30 bucks. O-O
  • jamesbarlow1
    jamesbarlow1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If in Canada buy off of here. http://www.canadianprotein.com/ 50/50 iso/con blend is 200 for 25lbs. about 377 servings i believe
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    walmart for the price has some good creatine, isoletes and whey protein check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ueb70xLlqM
  • JMcNiel24
    JMcNiel24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been munching on Detour lean muscle bars. The caramel cookie dough. The greatest tasting for a bar. 32 protein and 370 calories. A lot of calories but I eat it for lunch and it fills me up for about 4 hrs. I buy from supplement warehouse .com I bought a box of 12 for $25. Which is 15 cheaper than gnc