I'm a newb

Options
Hey all. I'm Lesley and I just found this site a couple of days ago. I've been a forum stalker thus far, lol, but I figured I could use some friends who are going through the same thing :) I'm hoping to drop down to my pre-pregnancy weight which was around 155. I felt comfortable at that size, but who knows, once I get there I may want to keep going. So today I just realized how hard it is to watch my portion intake. Anyone else struggle with that? Thanks for taking the time to read this and please add me!!

Replies

• mamakimpossible
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I had my daughter about 8 weeks ago and now I'm trying to get back to my prepregnancy weight. I have about 10-13 pounds to lose....It's much more fun to put on the weight than it is to gain it, that's for sure!
  • sfernan432
    sfernan432 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Girl, as far as portion intake I'm in the exact same boat. That and with finding snacks that I will enjoy. I'm tryin to get serious about it (the whole losing weight) cause I miss being in shape but then the snacks and portions can kick butt sometimes! =( lol
  • lesleyls
    lesleyls Posts: 24
    Options
    Well my youngest is 4 so it's takin me quite a while lol. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • lesleyls
    Options
    Girl, as far as portion intake I'm in the exact same boat. That and with finding snacks that I will enjoy. I'm tryin to get serious about it (the whole losing weight) cause I miss being in shape but then the snacks and portions can kick butt sometimes! =( lol

I hear ya. I've been looking for some good snack recipes cuz I want to try eating small portions throughout the day instead of three set meals. I really like skinnytaste.com, they have some really yummy looking recipes.
  • Bulldogfish
    Options
    I am just starting to realize that people aren't joking when they say 9 months on, 9 months off. I had my baby on 2/1/12 and I've been losing the weight so slowly! Hormones are really doing a number on me, (and my poor husband!)
  • lesleyls
    Options
    I am just starting to realize that people aren't joking when they say 9 months on, 9 months off. I had my baby on 2/1/12 and I've been losing the weight so slowly! Hormones are really doing a number on me, (and my poor husband!)

My hormones got crazy out of control after my second son. I went to a compound pharmacy and had my hormones tested and my progesterone (the happy hormones) levels were extremely low. I've been using a progesterone cream and can notice a big improvement in my mood and energy levels.