following all the rules but very little is happening...FRUST

Options
How do I know if I have lost fat and or gained muscle? I have been working so hard in the gym for about 8 weeks....doing 30-45 min of elliptical a day 4-5 times a week, plus some strength training with a trainer and a few les mills body pump classes per week. Sometimes I throw in a spin class once a week, too. I eat around 1300 cals a day...mostly clean food...a few not so clean but limit those foods to very small portions. I drink nearly 100 oz of water a day. I am running around busy all day...never a couch potato at home, either. So far in 8 weeks I have only lost 7 lbs and some minor inches from hips, chest, and only .5 inch from waist. I am very confused about why I am not seeing a more drastic weight loss. I do feel much stronger and I can see some muscle gain but the scale is not my friend right now! And actually my clothes are not becoming too big yet, either! so is it still too soon to see much results or am I doing something wrong and hurting my weight loss? I am soooo confused!!!! My diary is open....please offer any advice you have! :)

Replies

• ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you have lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks then you are almost losing 1 pound a week, that is a pretty good loss. You can't expect to lose the weight super quick, it took awhile to put it on and it will take some time to lose it. As long as you are losing consistently you are on the right track.
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    If I were you I would cut ALL processed, fast food and dairy. Due to sodium and other additives it will make you retain water weight which would be why you don't see as drastic of a change in the weight and how your clothes fit. Also I would make sure you are eating enough calories because if you are eating under you will not lose, your body will retain the weight.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    How tall are you and what do you weigh? When you are in a healthy weight range, it's extremely difficult to lose. What you should expect/set up for:

20 lbs or less to lose: ½ lb loss per week
    20-50 lbs to lose: 1 lb loss per week
    50 – 75 lbs to lose: 1.5 lb loss per week
    75 lbs or more to lose: 2 lb loss per week
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories?