Eating More & Losing Weight?

Options
Hi,

I would really love to hear from those that have increased their calories and started losing weight OR busted out of a plateau.

I have been on a plateau since the first week of December and I have done everything and I mean EVERYTHING to get the scale to move. I'm not sure if I am on a true plateau or if my body is telling me it's time to stay here. But, for the past week I have decided to up my calories. I am eating between 1800 and 2000 on most days. I workout at an intense level 5 to 6 days a week and burn between 600 to 1000 calories using an HRM to get my total burn.

I hope this helps get the scale moving. I'm terrified the extra calories might make the numbers creep up.

Thanks

Replies

• ballardr1
    ballardr1 Posts: 21
    Options
    Everybody is different. And all calories are not the same. Even the time of day for meals will make a difference. Some foods will speed your metabolism, some will slow it. Stress will also slow metabolism. Lack of sleep will too. Meditation or yoga may help your metabolism. It may be as simple as having smaller portions and eating more often.