What size are you??

Options
13»

Replies

• spease21
    spease21 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'1 187 pounds and can wear a 16. When I started I was 217 and was wearing 22-20.
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    ....and its not even the weight and height!!!! My best friend and I are the same height and even though I wear a size 6 and she wears a size 8.....she's a good 10 pounds lighter than I (and doesn't have the blubber belly that I have!) Go figure!!!:laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I'm 127 and wear a size 11-12
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Your height will have a lot to do with size. At 224 I was wearing an 18 but I'm 5"10 so it makes a big difference bc my best friend who is like 215 is a 22 but she is a lot shorter.

ETA: I'm 181 right now and in a 14.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    I know that everyones body types are different but, I am wondering at what weight you would wear a size 16 and 18 in clothes. I started at 249 wearing a tight 24w. Then I dropped 20 pounds and went to a 22. Now I am 210 and can wear a 20. The reason I ask this is that I would like to be down to 180 when I go on a cruise in Nov, but need to buy clothes now while there are summer clothes in the stores for my trip. I can't wait until October to buy a swimsuit and shorts. I wonder if I go out and buy a 16 will it fit a 180 pound woman. Any ideas!!
    It all depends on your height & body type (eg, apple, pear, or hourglass). I'm 5'4 & an hourglass-I know this because I used to do theatre & the costume designer told me my measurements are an almost perfect hourglass (small waist, wide shoulders, wide hips). I started this journey @235 in a 16 in pants (eg I could still squeeze into some of them). I'm 211 now & the 16's that were uncomfortably tight are now very comfortable & the 16's that were just tight I need a belt to wear or I can easily slide them off unbuttoned.

My suggestion would be to wait as long as possible then buy things that are "comfortably tight". That way if you hot a plateau you know they'll fit & if you lose more weight, they may be loose but should still look nice :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    huh, I don't know....the spectrum is so broad, everybody is different. I am 5'7'' When I was 253 I wore a tight size 20. I'm 238 and still wear a size 20, however it is looser.

Me Too! And It's driving me slowly crazy.. lol

I've lost twenty pounds and I haven't changed pants sizes yet. :grumble: I'm trying not to let it get me down. Because honestly- I don't have that much more to lose around my hips. I'm just a hippy haha

I'm 5'7" and 229 llbs and I'm in a US Women's size 20. Same size I was at 250.

I'm going to be the only person who weighs 175 and STILL wears a darn size 20! :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Height has a lot to do with it.

My good friend wears a size 10 at 180 because she is 6' tall.

I on the other hand am 5'2" and wore a size 16 at 170
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    huh, I don't know....the spectrum is so broad, everybody is different. I am 5'7'' When I was 253 I wore a tight size 20. I'm 238 and still wear a size 20, however it is looser.

Me Too! And It's driving me slowly crazy.. lol

I've lost twenty pounds and I haven't changed pants sizes yet. :grumble: I'm trying not to let it get me down. Because honestly- I don't have that much more to lose around my hips. I'm just a hippy haha

I'm 5'7" and 229 llbs and I'm in a US Women's size 20. Same size I was at 250.

I'm going to be the only person who weighs 175 and STILL wears a darn size 20! :noway:

:laugh: No you wont silly!!:flowerforyou:

I know for me I was at the verge of the next size.......well really should have been in a bigger size, when I started my lifestyle change. So I would have been in a 16 at 170 if I was truthful with myself.

My 14s continued to fit until I dropped 15 pounds. Funny, but this was also about the time the muscles started to kick in. I believe that is what pulled my waist and hips in and I went to a 12......FINE-all-Y
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    This is all so fascinating! How bodies can be so different...I had this skewed view that most people of a certain weight all wore the same size. Guess I've never really thought about it in this way. Awesome! Anyway, I'm 5'6, weigh 176 and I wear a comfortable 12. I have a pair of 10s that I got on and zipped up, but I like to steer away from any type of muffin top :)

Have fun on your vacay!!!

There is a girl on here who is a friend of mine. She showed a picture of her and a good friend, side by side, both in jeans. My friend looked trim and tight, her friend overweight. Both the same height.............AND weight!!

They wore 2 separate sizes!! The human body is amazing!!
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I am truly amazed at the differences sizes play into what you weigh. I am 5'4" and some people on here have said they weigh more than me and are already in a size 16. I am still in a 20 at 210 pounds. I hope to be a 16 by my cruise in Nov. and if I could possibly be a 14, well then luckily that is my moms size and I can borrow her clothes. I hope I can lose 30 pounds by Nov. 13th. Wish me luck.
  • jenninsocal
    jenninsocal Posts: 419
    Options
    I weigh 240, and I wear a 20, sometimes I can pull off an 18. When I was around 200, a little under, I was in a 16. And to get into a 14, I have to be about 180
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    I am truly amazed at the differences sizes play into what you weigh. I am 5'4" and some people on here have said they weigh more than me and are already in a size 16. I am still in a 20 at 210 pounds.
    So much is where your weight sits (eg body shape) & the style/fit of the clothes. I'm hippy with a small waist so I look for pants with a loose fit in the thighs & some elasticity in the fabric. If I don't I end up with pants that fit in the thighs, but are huge in the waist. Size is not what matters...How you feel in your clothes is what matters :)
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 16 (sometimes a tight 14) and i'm 213, and 5'10".
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 3 1/2 -3/4. heaviest was 231 and size 22w. got to 174 and was a 14/16, that was in '02. now, i am 180 and in 12/14's, thanks to a lot of exercise, toning will transform your body as well....and when in hs, i was about 130-135, and anywhere from a 10-14. in '96 on JC went from 177 to 143 and was an 8....thanks again to exercise!