I lost 70 pounds!

Options
ipsamet
ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
Hey everyone, I am still in the middle of my journey, but I've been really enjoying everyone's success stories so I thought I'd add my own since I reached sort of a milestone recently.

Seven years ago I weighed around 280-290 pounds. I started exercising and somehow managed to lose 30 pounds, but since I never really committed to it I gained about 10 of it back. About 8 months ago I started to get serious about this, exercising a ton and really paying attention to what I was eating. I have since lost another 50 pounds and am now signed up to do a triathlon! I cannot believe the transformation I have made and am so excited to see what's to come for me as I keep losing weight and getting fitter. Anyway, on to the pictures:

Around 280-290:
IMAG0124.jpg

Now, right around 215, but tomorrow is my weigh in day:
beer.jpg

Thank you everyone for being an inspiration and helping me to keep going! I always like new friends, too, if anyone's interested :)

Replies

• DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am still in the middle of my journey, but I've been really enjoying everyone's success stories so I thought I'd add my own since I reached sort of a milestone recently.

Seven years ago I weighed around 280-290 pounds. I started exercising and somehow managed to lose 30 pounds, but since I never really committed to it I gained about 10 of it back. About 8 months ago I started to get serious about this, exercising a ton and really paying attention to what I was eating. I have since lost another 50 pounds and am now signed up to do a triathlon! I cannot believe the transformation I have made and am so excited to see what's to come for me as I keep losing weight and getting fitter. Anyway, on to the pictures:

Great job!
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the great work :)
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is just amazing!!!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!
  • laura657
    laura657 Posts: 21
    Options
    you look so different! wtg!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great.
  • sveltelady
    sveltelady Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome Inspiration! Thanks for mine today...:bigsmile:
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    What a huge difference!!! Congrats!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see someone lose a lot of weight. It can happen. So happy for you.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Keep up the great work.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • JessBeastMode
    Options
    YOU MY FRIEND.... DESERVE AH STANDING OVATION!!!! FROM every one here on MFP!!! I love, love, love your before and after pics!!! Great Job You should send your pics to Bob Harper (Biggest loser trainer) Every once in a while he will post on his FB pictures and he calls them "Need motivation" and then theirs a before and after pic of some one who as lost a significant amount of weight!! Any who thank you for sharing.. Hopefully a lot of people can see this so that you can impact there lives!! I know you have impact my life!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT!!
    Jesse N.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You rock! I can see the happiness in your eyes. :)
  • monicar130
    Options
    You look so amazing... People like you inspire me to keep going and not quit
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! It must feel so great :) Cheers to you and all of your hard work! Looking forward to hearing about your future progress (and hopefully sharing some of my own!) Thank you for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous doll!!! So happy for your awesome progress!!!! ^u^
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work you're looking great!! :happy:
  • MJCAssoc
    Options
    Hey...thanks for you inpsiration. I was feeling a little blue today because I need to lose about 70 lbs. I am trying to boost myself up again and get my mind around it. You are really an inspiration to me. What helped you get back on track?
  • NinjaBeth90
    Options
    Great loss :) You're doing so well!! Congrats x
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!