High Protein Weight Gain :( What am i doing wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• wmichgrad
    wmichgrad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need more color in your diet. You may want to try more fruits and vegetables. Also, you might want to incorporate some strength training. Lean muscle will burn fat even when you are not exercising.
  • NeedaSpankin
    Options
    Personally, I put mine to 40carb/30fat/30protein. It has worked very well for me.

This is where my levels are set as well-40/30/30 for 1200cal. It seems to work really well as long as I get most of my carbs from veggies and stay away from most high GI foods and things like protein powder that just don't react well with my body. I eat 1 (maybe 2) servings of high-fiber, whole grains each day (very early in the day like breakfast and am snack or lunch.) Then I try to get the rest of my carbs from veggies- lots and lots of veggies. I try to limit fruits to 1 serving each day and drink lots of water.

I try to get some cardio every day (varying intensities,) strength train 3 days a week and play tennis- to make up for sitting in front of the computer. If this week goes well, I will have lost 100lb!!

If I have a huge day, like Wed I usually do all three of the above, I eat back some of my calories but rarely all of them.

I think I read that your goal is to lose fat. I'll send you an article that I found really helpful when I needed to clear a plateau with fat burning.
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know with me personally, when it is getting close to that time of the month. I gain at least 3-5 pounds from bloating. Then afterwards i would see the pounds i shoulda lost. Dam hormones! lol