New to the site today

Options
Hi all I am new here. Was recommended by a friend. I really need to get healthy and lose this weight as it is becoming a health issue. I'm 27 single mom. Before I got married I was 125, but the marriage was abusive, and I was very depressed. I ate away my feelings and also wanted to be unattractive. I've been through therapy and been divorced two years. It is time to shed this wieght, get healthy, and move on with my life.

Replies

• flowrinmyhair
    Options
    Girl, you can be my friend if you want!! I like encouraging people! And I'm studying to be a counselor, I hope therapy is going well for you!! I hope you really enjoy the site and community
  • nikkiw29
    nikkiw29 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just joined this site tonight. I found the app on my cell phone and was using it rather successfully! But Then I stopped...my boyfriend told me I didn't need to be watching my weight, but we've been together for four years and I've gained 25 maybe even more pounds....big surprise he hasn't gained a thing. I look bad a pictures and I feel like I've let myself go. I know its difficult for any girl to maintain their weight when they become comfortable in a relationship, especially if their significant other can snack like no tomorrow without a care. I came here to find a support group....I hope it works out :smile: