Am I the only one?

Options
LovesGG
LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
Am I the only one who starts to get full just by the mere smell of food?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe.
    Smelling good food makes me hungrier, it doesn't make me full!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    How does that happen, exactly?

I, for one, happen to love food. So much so, in fact, that I also enjoy eating it.

It's crazy, I know.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think that yes, you are in fact the only one.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    For example, let's say my initial hunger is 100% hungry.
    Then I go buy something and on the drive home I don't touch it but the smell is floating all over my car.
    By the time I get home, I am now 60% hungry and I didn't even touch the food yet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think you're overthinking this.
    If you have planned a meal and it fits in your calorie allowance, just eat it!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I think the smell of food makes me gain weight. ...just sayin'.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    There are 2 times when I find my hunger shrinking before I eat. If I drink loads of water before eating, I tend to get full faster. And if I work out just before I eat, I really am less hungrier. But when I *smell* food - I never experience a loss in appetite. I love eating! LOL
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I gain weight just from smelling food
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're getting too close when you sniff....it shouldn't be like this:
    addictedtojunkfood.jpg
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    I understand but I still feel 100% hungry until I actually start to eat it then it declines rapidly
  • joyous504
    joyous504 Posts: 72
    Options
    I don't get full, but I'm not hungry anymore after I cook a meal. I have to force myself to eat it. There are times when I buy food and I'm not hungry anymore by the time I get home, so it makes me wonder if I was ever really hungry in the first place or was I just bored.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I think that yes, you are in fact the only one.

This is actually the first time I think the answer is yes.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    When you smell food, your digestive system gears up and peristalsis begins in your colon, etc. This is what makes you hungry when you smell food or even think about it. Soooo I'm gonna have to say yes, you are the only one. :drinker:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The smell of good food makes me want to dive head first in it and om nom nom the heck out of it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Then I go buy something and on the drive home I don't touch it but the smell is floating all over my car.
    By the time I get home, I am now 60% hungry and I didn't even touch the food yet.

If I'm driving home with food in the car, the circumstances are usually that my initial hunger is 125%, and by the time I get home, it's 5,765,124%
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    I RELATE!!! - Under certain circumstances (at the gym/right after/ caffeine) I will not want food, in fact it will make me feel sick to smell it sometimes.....
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're getting too close when you sniff....it shouldn't be like this:
    addictedtojunkfood.jpg

LOL That must be how she's doing it, cuz the smell of food just makes me hungrier...
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I understand what your saying. I remember reading a study somewhere that looked at helping people loose weight who were addicted to chocolate. They werent allowed to eat it but smell it, just having the smell of chocolate and replacing it with a healthy snack curbed thier cravings. so i guess the same applies to the food which your smelling. you get fed up of the food if you smell it for too long. but hey, we're trying to gain weight here, not loose it, just eat the food even if your not hungry! its difficult i know but think of the end result. no boney body! (: WIN.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

If I'm driving home with food in the car, the circumstances are usually that my initial hunger is 125%, and by the time I get home, it's 5,765,124%

This is me exactly!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I gain weight just from smelling food

haha I feel this way too