Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!?

Options
Hi all,
Okay, so originally I set out my goal as to lose around 15-20kg (around 30lb) and I started around mid September last year. So it's been basically 6 months and I have 6 kilos left to go. Granted, I have let myself slide for a few weeks but then I've gotten back into it, but anyway I just don't know if it should be taking this long.
Everytime I look at myself I just see all the weight I still have left to lose and it feels like so much and it doesn't feel like it's moving anywhere. I've been stuck around 55-53 kilos for a while and the past 3 months I've been pretty diligent with the gym and my eating. But I just don;t know what I'm doing wrong at the moment. I've been stuck like this for so long it's incredibly frustrating.
I don't know if its a plateau or I'm just doing something wrong. If you want you can add me as a friend and look at my diary

I'm just so confused and stuck and it's so annoying and I'd love to hear your suggestions/thoughts/whatever
Thanks!

Replies

• ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You're doing nothing wrong. Spending time in the gym? Muscle weighs much more than fat. Your body is converting that which you don't want to energy that you're using in the gym, and your lean muscle mass is increasing.

When you do that, you hit a plateau, weight wise. Did you take measurements (arms, hips, waist, thighs, chest)? If you did, compare now to then. You are progressing, whether you see it or not on the scale.

Just keep on keepin' on, girl! You're doing fine!
  • lenatuck
    lenatuck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    I figured some of the weight gain is muscle and I am taking measurements every week but I'm seeing small, if no results there. I could just be extremely impatient to be honest haha but thanks :D
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? At 53kg (116 pounds) you are probably already in the healthy weight range so losing more weight isn't going to be easy.
    You might be better to focus on getting fitter and stronger rather than lighter at this point.
    And, slow is not necessarily bad - I tend to think that you are more likely to maintain the weight loss if it is slower.
  • lenatuck
    Options
    Oh yeah right I'm 5 foot tall. I'm in the healthy weight range at the moment but I'm still hella jiggly
    Yeah, slower is probably better but it is still annoying!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think it's always going to be slower when you are already at a healthy weight. The exercise is definitely going to help with the look you are after at this weight.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    What are you doing at the gym?
  • lenatuck
    Options
    Yeah, that's true.
    At the gym I do 20 or so minutes of strength training mainly on my legs because they're the part that's the worst. Then I'll do 30-40 minutes of cardio and every second day go for a jog for 40 minutes
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You need a dietary break.
    Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks then resume the deficit.

This will help regulate leptin, the hormone that tells the body its okay to burn fat.

Take 2 weeks off eating maintenance or TDEE and youll be fine.