20lbs gone *face pics*

Options
iishnova
iishnova Posts: 259 Member
So...I don't think I've ever posted pictures before but I really want to share because I'm starting to see the difference in my face.

184 lbs
7735_284359100075_593165075_9319109_5677359_n.jpg

164 lbs
431203_10151383679320076_593165075_23176388_1313183498_n.jpg

I gained weight after high school. I broke up with my fiance, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and ended up at a culinary school where I ate a lot. I was pretty messed up but I wasn't really heavy. I gained most of my weight when I married my now ex-husband. He was verbally, emotionally, and occasionally physically abusive. I gained weight. I got pregnant and around that time I found out that he had been talking to other women. I decided to stay. I had a miscarriage. Things got worse. I gained more weight. So when our marriage ended after him sleeping with my best friend who was at our wedding. I was at my heaviest. 186 pounds. My weight gain was part not caring/not paying attention, part medication side effect (among other side effects), and part a result of stress from the abusive relationship. Right now I'm almost at my pre-wedding weight. My divorce is final. I'm in a good place in my life! I've been taking care of myself for the first time in a VERY long time...and I love it :blushing:

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You are so strong and I admire that! You can definitely see a difference in your face :) Such a pretty smile@ Keep up the amazing work you're doing and I KNOW you will succeed!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You are a warrior, girl!!! And your pics look fantastic! Great job :)
  • iishnova
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hugs to you! I'm glad you're taking car of yourself!!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference! You keep taking good care of yourself! You seem to be doing a good job at it!
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational, both getting your life back and losing the weight. You look great!
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I can definitely tell a difference, thanks for posting this! What really struck me is your story, because I went through the same thing with an ex fiance. Now Im happily married and just want the outside to match the inside.
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star! Keep moving forward.
  • RuthRuby
    RuthRuby Posts: 31
    Options
    Great Work!!! :D
    You look noticeably better :]
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

And not just in your face but your neck, too!

And I see a hint of collarbone in that second picture!

You are doing very well!
  • Neller125
    Neller125 Posts: 14
    Options
    definite difference, keep up the great work!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can really see a change. You go girl !!!:flowerforyou:
  • hellomeghan
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! You look wonderful! :)
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but I'm so proud that you were able to leave that situation!

And look at where you are now! Getting healthy and looking great!

Keep up the great work! You're doing a wonderful job :)
  • iishnova
    Options
    Good for you!

And not just in your face but your neck, too!

And I see a hint of collarbone in that second picture!

You are doing very well!

I had to go back and look after reading this. You are absolutely right. Thank you all so much!
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    you look prettier =) xx
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you can tell a huge difference! amazing how when we take care of ourselves things fall into place. good for you for putting yourself first and realizing that you are worth more than that loser! proud of you!
  • jenro39
    jenro39 Posts: 29
    Options
    Amazing pics, such a difference and you look happy. You certainly are a very strong woman to have gone through so much in your life and come out smiling. U go girl, you are an inspiration to us all :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your face. I'm sorry that some jerk put you through all of that, but to you I say "way to stay strong" - you are a fine representation of the woman race! :flowerforyou:
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you're doing and have done amazing!! Keep strong :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!