how long will it take?

Options
hello, everyone!

this is my first post. i've been dieting on and off for a while now, but have only been back on for about a week. i'm wondering if anyone can help me to figure out - as long as i stick with it every day - how long it will take before i reach my goal?

SW: 181
CW: 175
GW: 120

myfitnesspal tells me to eat 1200 net calories a day, and i usually come in just below that. i'm also doing cardio and strength training every single day using my wii personal trainer, and burning anywhere from 120 - 220 calories a workout.

thank you so much in advance for any help!

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you stick with the diet it will take approx. 8 or 9 months. good luck
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started out at 190 lbs on December 28th. I'm currently at 166 lbs, so that means I've lost 24 lbs in about 2.5 months. I've still got a good 20 or so to go and I imagine (hope!) I'll be there by may or June.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    A pound a week would be a realistic rate for lots of people - that accounts for weeks where you lose more and weeks where the scale doesn't move.
    Don't be discouraged though, as you are exercising too, you might find that you reach the size and shape you want to be before you get down to the weight you think you want.
  • sarahdiedrich
    sarahdiedrich Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone!