Unexpected NSV

Options
So I'm a Sales Rep in the Oil & Gas industry here in Alberta. Once and a while I have to visit a site and gear up Nomex Coveralls, hard hat, etc. About 7 years ago, tired of ill fitting coveralls (usually too short in the body length) I had some custom built. (64L extra tall).

They fit good back then, fast forward to 2011, I could hardly zip them up. I definitely couldn't bend over or sit in them comfortably without unzipping them. Not very safe either. The last time I put them on was November.

Well today I rolled up on a site that required me to gear up, I was bummed thinking I was going to look like a sausage stuffed into a blue fire retardant casing with reflective stripes.

As I pulled them on and zipped them up today I couldn't believe how much room I had in them! I am sure the are looser than they were 7 years ago.

One of our service guys even noticed that they were fitting better and asked if I had been losing weight.

WooHoo!

Replies

• bherbie
    bherbie Posts: 11
    Options
    I find the surprise NSVs much more rewarding then ones we are looking for, expecting, or working hard towards. Congrats man keep it up!!!!
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Whoohooo! Congrats!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a huge victory. Your hard work is paying off!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Pretty soon you will have to get some smaller ones!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have a set of flame retardant work wear for occasional visits to oil and gas sites as well. It was very tight 18 months ago so I am hoping for the same NSV as you next time I have to go on site.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    That is when you appiciate you hard work, the numbers on the scale are nice but its reality that makes it worth while.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You rock! Keep up the great work and you'll be buying new gear in no time! :)
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YAY...no more blue sausage! Rock that Nomex!
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    Congratulations, keep up the good work....I these kind of NSV's!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!