Smoothie

Options
Best recipes anyone?

Replies

• lisag418
    lisag418 Posts: 5
    Options
    4 oz Chobani plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, half frozen banana, 1 tsp. instant espresso powder, 4-5 ice cubes -- tastes like a thick chocolate/mocha shake!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups spinach
    70 g thawed mango (I get it frozen)
    1 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    if I know I'm going to workout I'll add a scoop of protein powder

or

1 cup spinach
    1 cup strawberries
    0.5 cup blueberries
    0.5 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder (sometimes)

The second one turns an... interesting... color, but I don't mind it. It smells good to me. The first one is a nice shade of green.
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup blueberries
    4 oz yogurt any flavor
    1/2 frozen banana

make sure the banana is frozen it makes it thick and creamy :)
    My sister made me it this morning... sooo good
  • hellomeghan
    Options
    1.5 cups spinach
    70 g thawed mango (I get it frozen)
    1 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    if I know I'm going to workout I'll add a scoop of protein powder

or

1 cup spinach
    1 cup strawberries
    0.5 cup blueberries
    0.5 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder (sometimes)

The second one turns an... interesting... color, but I don't mind it. It smells good to me. The first one is a nice shade of green.

one of my best friends does the same thing every morning.....adds a handful of spinach to each smoothie and he says he can't taste the spinach because it's overpowered by the fruit. Super smart!

personally, I do one little container of yogurt, half a cup of soy/almond milk, half a cup of frozen fruit and half a cup of ice. add more ice if you want it thicker. I definitely want to try spinach in mine though! :)
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Hmmm, spinach in a smoothie, OK. I guess I have to try that, I bet its good, I'm scared though, lol! I will be trying all of these, thanks girls!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When I make mine with spinach, I don't taste it!! Especially if there are bananas or berries, since they have stronger flavors. Actually, all I really taste is the almond milk and the vanilla soy protein powder when I use it.
  • afrikat
    afrikat Posts: 14
    Options
    I have also recently started putting spinach in my smoothies and love it! My current recipe is:

2 handfuls spinach
    1 tbs chia seeds
    1 tsp wheatgrass powder
    1 scoop soy protein powder
    1 banana
    1 handful frozen raspberries/cherries
    250ml soy milk

It is so yummy and super filling - depending on the amount of fruit I put in though it can be a rather unappetising shade of brown but I don't care as I love the flavour
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was afraid to try the spinach as well, but now I add it to all my fruit smoothies! Can't taste it at all, just the fruit. :) My typical smoothie is:

Banana
    1/4 cup tropical fruit juice (either Dole or Trader Joe's - I love the flavor of passion fruit!!)
    Vanilla protein powder
    ice
    A couple handfuls of fresh spinach

Sometimes I add strawberries or other fresh fruit if I've got it.

I used to also add plain Greek yogurt, but decided to save that for evening snacks with fresh berries & honey - I get enough protein in the smoothie from the powder. :smile:
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    200 ml of soy milk + a banana = great smoothie! ;)