Run or Walk?

Options
I am a runner. Marathons, triathlons, blah, blah, blah...But there are days when I have a difficult time transitioning from the comfortable walk to my starting point into my actual run pace. This may happen to you too, but, note, walking the same distance only burns slightly fewer calories. If you don't have a recent history of running, the psych pain of having to pic-em-up and put-em-down may be the demotivation to put you right back on the couch. Often a walk is enough for my body and mind to revive for upcoming runs, and I'm burning calories too.

Replies

• debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I agree. I walk or run or both almost everyday. I walk to my starting point and sometimes I end up walking the entire two or three miles instead of running some of it. It just depends if it 's my day off and how much time I have. It's easier to get out there knowing you have a choice walk, run, both whatever I feel like on that morning. It's still exercising and working the body.:smile:
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks a lot for posting this! I don't always feel like running, and walking - I love! Great to know that the diff. between the amount of calories burned is not day and night. :tongue: