Anyone Else Losing Weight For Comic-Con?

Options
Just wanted to see if there were any fellow mega-geeks out there. Whenever I go to cons, I like to dress up for at least a day as Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. My hair color is pretty much identical, but I feel like my body type is closer to Occupation-of-New-Caprica Lee! I'm trying to lose some weight and buff up my arms a bit for the biggest nerd prom of them all...is does anyone else have that date as a goal, too? Maybe we could form a group?

This year, my dad's coming, too, and I'm wrangling him in as (Admiral) Adama. :)

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i would love to go to a con..there are never any around me though.

i'm a total geek. i would totally dress up as FemShep from Mass Effect. lol
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah but for a smaller convention haha I'm going to dress up as....Dark LInk? Vaati? Ghirahim? Idk yet haha depends on my friend xD
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No...but I could!

The weight-loss might give me incentive to actually attend Comic-Con this year. I've never been! ...and that's especially sad since I used to live in Poway, CA, which is 20 minutes away from the SD.

Anyway, Starbuck is awesome! If I were to go as a BSG character, I'd probably be Boomer because I have the Asian thing going for me. ;)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    SDCC 2010 was my first weight loss goal date. And I met it spot on time. :)

And if you want a list of amazing places to eat and ruin your diet for the week you're there, let me know. This is the first year I won't be at SDCC since 2003 and sometimes I think I'm going to eat at all my favorite places moreso than going for the con/all my friends. lol
  • OregonNativ3
    Options
    I don't want to be "that guy", but what is comic con?
  • SugarHighAbbie
    Options
    Not exactly ComicCon but Insurgence4 which is a Vampire Diaries Convention in June in the UK. So just as nerdy :P
    I'm hoping Ian Somerhalder will take one look and sweep me off my feet...haha one can dream!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

haha LIKE! If it werent for my best friend in college I probably wouldnt know what it was either
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wish I could go to Comic-Con but I don't have the $! But i really want to be Juliet from lolipop chainsaw for halloween!
    cosplay-lollipop-chainsaw2.jpg My costume will probably have a little more material than this one though haha!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    me me me! years ago before I started I'd be one of many fat guys huffing and puffing along just to walk 20 feet. now I am practicing Farmer Walks in preperation of all the swag I'll probably be hauling around. :laugh:

it's a generic term for a comic book convention though recently alot of of cons now spill over to other parts of media. tv shows, movies, anime, etc. etc. San Diego Comic-con being the grand daddy of them all.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I want to go so badly, but I'm not sure if I'd dress up... I'm asian already, doesn't that count? lol i kid i kid.

Anyways, go for it. If I were to decide to deal with the traffic and take work off, I'd definitely work harder at losing weight so I look good for the event. :)
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes, but I didn't manage to get tickets this year.

I still want to cosplay at Phoenix Comiccon as Book 3 Katara (from Avatar: the Last Airbender) in the fire nation costume, so since that's midriff baring, I want to look my best ^_^ My bf is going as Zuko, so it'll be great.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's a pic of someone else doing that cosplay
    katara_by_tophwei-d46uvh6.jpg
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Not Comic-Con, sadly, but I am trying to get ready for A-kon in June. It shall be a blast. :D