i've not lost any weight any suggestions

Options
Hi

I weighed myself today as it is day 5 and i hadnt lost a fraction of a lb. i'm not too disheartened yet as i do feel my stomach has gone down a little and i heard that sometimes when you join the gym you dont lose anything in the first week as your body is making muscle. i have been to the gym so far three times this week i will go again tomorrow.

Replies

• sambeau72
    Options
    Hi
    Just keep on keeping on it will show , try not to weigh yourself for say 2 weeks, drink loads of water to flush the toxins away
    (think of it as peeing out the fat :) My best thing is to get an item of clothing thats tight and try it on every week to see the difference.
    it doesnt matter what you weigh you just want to see a change.
    good luck ,its hard trying to loose weight and get fit .But this sight is amazing with so many inspirational stories
    sam xxx
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. you really need to work on eating More. Your going a great way to stall out before you even start. you need to eat back some of your exercise calories. And Aim to be at LEAST above 1200 NET daily. Your body will hold on for dear life otherwise. what MFP tells you to eat is already a calorie deficit before adding exercise. it is important that your eating enough to support weight loss and Muscle building. Good luck!
  • SELottie
    SELottie Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't feel too disheartened - I have been going gym since beginning of Feb, a minimum of 3 times a week & I still haven't lost anything. I am on 1300 calories a day - have you lowered your calorie intake & tried to make a balanced diet?

Apparently, I say apparently, because it is different everywhere, it is physically impossible to turn fat into muscle in a month or so - I have been told you'll notice a difference in weight/appearance after 8-12 weeks.

Keep at it - if you're motivated & really want to change,for health or appearance, then you'll keep trying as hard as you are!
  • 20lbsorless
    Options
    thanks i will keep going with it.

i bought nuts last night to help increase my calorie intake and to be healthy. i dont want to turn to sugary foods. i wont weigh myself until the 3rd of april, give my body some time and to get myself into a healthy balance and routine. i find it hard to eat the calorie balance since uping my protein intake. i feel myself so full with all the protein and fluids which is weired.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. you really need to work on eating More. Your going a great way to stall out before you even start. you need to eat back some of your exercise calories. And Aim to be at LEAST above 1200 NET daily. Your body will hold on for dear life otherwise. what MFP tells you to eat is already a calorie deficit before adding exercise. it is important that your eating enough to support weight loss and Muscle building. Good luck!

This!!!
  • koukouvagia1
    Options
    Hi my name is koukouvagia1 ,eat anything you want ,but cut it in half,and drink lots of water like half gallon aday,It work for me.and make sure you write things down,,I lost sofar 16lbs,it a slow,but sure I need to lose 70 lbs,I am on my way...And good luck with you.