Need a recipe for medium frozen shrimp

Options
I have been searching the web and am finding recipies with pasta and I would like to stay away from pasta, any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Masachapa
    Masachapa Posts: 79
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Shrimp
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/cilantro-lime-shrimp.html

Quick, easy, and VERY tasty!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking to use it up? Because I use shrimp any place I would use any other protein. I'll cut it up and put it eggs, I'll chop it finely and make a shrimp salad with it (like egg salad or chicken salad, same ingredients, different protein), put it on salad, make an asian-inspired noodle dish with Shirataki noodles and veggies, like I said, pretty much anything.

Also, Hungry Girl has a jambalaya recipe with sausage and shrimp that's pretty good. I've made a fair number of modifications to the original for the one I make, but hers is a great place to start from.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thaw it, and season it with cumin, chili powder salt and pepper, saute them and serve on corn torillas with cabbage or lettuce, avocado, tomato and/or anything youd use on tacos.
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to boil egg noodles, frozen peas and prawns and then add sweet chilli sauce. Yummy and done in 10 mins, that was before I logged everything so I have no idea on the nutrient value, but it cant be too much????
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    If they are already cooked, thaw them. If not, dump into boiling water seasoned with crab boil for about 3-5 minutes, then cool.

Then eat them.
    Lemon and cocktail sauce optional.
    As you might have guessed, I love shrimp!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    kabobs: veggies + shrimp super easy
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Easy. Stir-fry vegetables (like Bird's Eye frozen or cut up your own) in garlic and lite soy sauce then add thawed shrimp. You can serve over noodles or rice or eat it without.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! Add whatever stirfry-able veges you have (broccoli florets, sliced cabbage, sliced onions/ spring onions, thinly sliced carrots, mung beans (if you like, I don't like them) etc. etc) to a hot wok or large fry pan with a teaspoon of peanut (or other) oil, when they're nearly done add shrimp and a stirfry sauce. (I'm sure you can get low sodium ones, or look up a recipe for seasoning).Cashew nuts add a nice crunch.

You can have this with a bit of rice or noodles if you like, or just eat as is.
  • mmarie111
    Options
    I have had the cilantro lime shrimp, it's delicious! I also bake shrimp (if they're already cooked and thawed, just for 5 min to warm) with garlic, lemon and a tiny bit of olive oil. Kind of like a scampi. Or you could just grill 'em and eat them with anything!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill? I like to make k-bobs with shrimp. Just thread them on with whatever veggies you like....cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, and pineapple chunks are good also. You can season the shrimp with garlic and orange juice, or wheat free tamari sauce. Yum!
  • lalaloses
    lalaloses Posts: 22
    Options
    You can substitute spaghetti squash for pasta - it's delicious and not hard to cook.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    tonight we are having mung bean noodle w/shrimp in a teriyaki sauce. the bean noodles are 180 cals for a serving (but honestly i only eat about 1/2 serving once the shrimp is in) 0 fat, 0 cholestrol, sodium 10 mg and protien 1g....the shrimp will make up the protien in the dish :) i cook some leeks in a little nut oil, then add some teriyaki sauce , add the noodles (you soak the noodles in hot water for 5 minutes before adding) and shrimp....Done :)
  • brycelmt
    brycelmt Posts: 1
    Options
    my background as a former chef may help..
    this is a classic flavor for seafood poaching to cook then chill for low calorie and another option for flavor .

court bouilon as follows..
    - water x 1 C
    - w. wine x 1/4 to 1/2 C
    - onion x 1/2 rough cut ok,strips whatever
    - celery x 1 stalk, rough dice
    - lemon x 1 cut in half
    - bayeaf x 1
    - bundle of herbs (thyme,parsley,fennel green tops) all or just fennel ,or just thyme
    - pickling spices small handful
    - black peppercorns a few if not already in pickling spices
    - salt

put everything in a saucepan/ small stockpot and bring to a boil .reduse the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
    strain or use chunky the first time.you can reuse ,and refrigerate for 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months,either way
    be sure to bring to a boil before you use it again.
    you are looking for a light floral aroma for your shrimp.you can skewer your shrimp together or indiviually (head to tail for presentation) for easy handling.
    good flavor ice shocked and chilled over salad easy cleanup .
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Skinny coconut shrimp: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/skinny-coconut-shrimp.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+weightwatcherspointsrecipes+(Gina's+Skinny+Recipes)

I can't explain how great this recipe is! My husband and I are addicted, I used to be so creative with shrimps, but this is almos tall we have now.

You can make a great cocktail sauce to go with this with equal amounts ketchup and horseradish (as spicy as you like) and add some lemon juice.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If the shrimp are raw.

Paprika
    Olive Oil
    green onions
    crushed garlic
    cayenne pepper to taste....i like mine hot.
    salt

Squeeze Lime Juice on them before grilling.

Marinate overnight. Put on skewers. Grill