anyone else a weigh-in pessimist?

Options
hey guys,
I have been exercising 3/4 times a week and eating healthy for a couple weeks now, started off at 235.

not been weighing much last few weeks as nothing seemed to be happening so i was going to just leave it for a while, last night i stepped on the scales and it said 229, after my dinner it said 231- which is a loss but I wont let myself take it as a loss!

weight fluctuates so much i just write off any loss to the scales not being right or it being the wrong time of day or wearing less clothing than last time, standing in different places on the scales makes it heavier/lighter and i never know if i have actually lost or am talking myself out of it!

anyone else do this??
i now don't want to weigh myself again cause it will probably say i'm the same as i started and will be a huge de motivation!

Replies

• cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have greatly decreased the number of times I weigh and the emphasis I place on it. I found it very disheartening. I go by how my clothes fit now. I finally can comfortably wear the shorts I couldn't get on when I started on MFP. My target clothes still mock me from the back of my closet, but that's ok.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I think the best way to weigh yourself is in the morning when you wake up before breakfast but after you pee. Preferably nude or at least in similar clothes each time. That way you can be sure that the weight it pretty consistent. And that takes away from the guessing game.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Weigh naked, same time every day, standing on the same spot on the scale. You will have a true reflection of your loss over time.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    naked weigh-in Saturday mornings are going to be my new thing then :)

thanks girls :)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to weigh yourself is in the morning when you wake up before breakfast but after you pee. Preferably nude or at least in similar clothes each time. That way you can be sure that the weight it pretty consistent. And that takes away from the guessing game.

I agree, and after a couple days of the same weight, then I will count it as a loss.
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options

i totally agree....i weigh myself every morning after i pee in just a tshirt!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

Agree. Once a week or every 2 weeks. That's too big of a loss to ignore! You lost! X