Red light therapy??

Options
Masterchef2000
Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
Anyone tried it? There is place near where I live that has a bed. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and had success from it. I was thinking of trying it out.

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If you mean strippers bar - good.

Red light therapy for fat loss? Bull. Won't work.
  • Masterchef2000
    Options
    No, not for weight loss. It helps to rejuvenate the skin and many other uses. Fat loss NOT being one of them.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    does it give you cancer?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    does it give you cancer?
    Of course it does. Everything gives you cancer.
  • rayleansout
    rayleansout Posts: 234
    Options
    Isnt that in Amsterdam! Red light therapy reduces swelling - LOL!
  • maybethistime70
    Options

mind + gutter = we think alike :)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options

It increases it for me if ya know what I'm sayin. ;3
  • Masterchef2000
    Options
    No, it doesn't give you cancer. It has actually be shown to treat people with skin cancer or relief from pain. Apparently I'll just try it out.
  • nmamos
    nmamos Posts: 5
    Options
    I've done it before. It has several good properties including helping with seasonal effective disorder to increase mood. The one I use has what I call a shimmy board that helps tone muscles and reduce the appearance of cellulite. It doesn't cause cancer because it's not UV rays like in a tanning bed. I'm very cautious about this because I did have skin cancer. Trust me. I don't want it to come back. It's just a certain color of light in the light spectrum. So it will cause about as much cancer as sitting under the florescent lights. Your question has motivated me to get up and go to the gym and go to a red light session after. Thanks!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have a flashlight I put in a tide bottle......that's my red light therapy. It takes a lot longer but it is just as effective.
  • Masterchef2000
    Options
    What was the point of your reply? Seriously. If you are going to give a sarcastic answer like this, I'm assuming it's because you tried it and/or are an expert on it, and decided it does nothing and you are bitter about it. Either that or you just like wasting your time for no reason because it gives you kicks.
  • Masterchef2000
    Options
    nmamos, well that's just another reason to try it since I live in the UK. :-)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    What was the point of your reply? Seriously. If you are going to give a sarcastic answer like this, I'm assuming it's because you tried it and/or are an expert on it, and decided it does nothing and you are bitter about it. Either that or you just like wasting your time for no reason because it gives you kicks.

just for kicks

6f47dfda-18b8-458b-8423-222899afe054.jpg&sa=X&ei=Zj9jT8PRCcry0gHd_vSNCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4hwE&usg=AFQjCNFJMoMc37d_7tOP-qFoKCasaiBBPA
  • Masterchef2000
    Options
    Awesome. Well have it at it then.
  • scroobiusxpip
    Options
    I'm pretty young, and have fairly even skin. However, without adding muscle and losing weight, I have gained a fair share of stretch marks on my hips and inner things. I tried a Red Light Therapy bed just this evening for the first time, 20 minutes, and I kid you not, the majority of my very vibrant red stretch marks, turned back to my skin tone and almost look completely gone. This is just after this evening alone. I am doing it for quite a few sessions and am very pleased with my results for just the first time.
    good luck with it!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    What's with all the zombie threads tonight?!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'm superman, I use it before sex so I don't kill people...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    how exactly does it work, in terms of treating SAD? I thought SAD was related to UV light and vitamin D production. Red light doesn't help with that

the only thing re red light I've heard about is that exposure to too much blue light in the evening interferes with sleep because the human body's clock/circadian rhythms are set to expect more blue frequencies in the morning and red frequencies in the evening, and exposure to more red/less blue in light is a signal that it's nearly sleep time and more blue/less red as time to wake up, because that's how sunlight is due to the way sunlight gets filtered through the atmosphere. I have this app, f.lux which adjusts my laptop screen in the evening to display more red and less blue light, and this helps with sleep. In my experience it works.

never heard of red light therapy. All the light therapy I've heard of for SAD is full spectrum lights that are very bright, to simulate bright sunlight, i.e. imitating the kind that relieves SAD in the summer or in sunnier climates. I wouldn't have thought that red light would work for this. So how does the red light work exactly?

ETA: also, what's the benefit of paying for a red light bed, as opposed to getting natural exposure to the red end of the light spectrum, e.g. sitting by a fire?