How to stop messing up at weekends!

Options
13»

Replies

• Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    basically if you dont drink the wine , your willpower will be there .. I do the same thing i have a drink and out comes the munchies and crap food. so what i do i plan an early morning workout which means i have to hit the bed early and wake up with my game on. why dont you join an early morning workout class? this way if u have 1 glass of wine .. it will stay there and then get up in the morning and go go go.. I am starting a boot camp program for sat and sunday mornings so i have to be on my game so if i have a drink i need to limit that and i cant be all sluggish from crap food from the night before.. that is my cure for this problem
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I quit a very bad drinking problem on January 3rd. I have been to programs and 'away' and nothing clicked . I just finally decided I was too fat, probably going to die soon if I didn't get myself in order,and tired of hiding out. There was no magic,but a switch flipped in my brain and as of that day I have been on the road to a new life...the old one sure had some awful embarrasing moments. It sounds like you know that things just aren't right. I found that I drank due to anxiety,my Dr. prescibe something for me,so now when,and only then, I take a pill.or rather 1/2 a pill. I do not like med.s, but they have seemed to help me in social situations that get me wound up.I grew up aroundalcohol, it and food = good times. that does change 180 degrees as time passes. I was a miserable ,sad person. I may still have my issues, but I won't be drunk and fat while dealing with them. Best of luck to you,try going a whole weekend without. See how antsy you feel and you will have your answer.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with enjoying some wine-just make sure you stay within your cal goals.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a glass or two of wine, and then make dinner. Solves that problem. I also don't buy too many snacks, although having kids in the house, I have to have some things for them. Fortunately, they don't really like salty carbs. So, I just mostly keep bananas, apples, and ice cream sandwiches and non-fat string cheese. I don't care much for the ice cream sandwiches, so it really isn't a problem.
  • purplep41n
    purplep41n Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yup sounds like you've made it into a habit. You have associations attached to it. When this happens I do this. You don't have to give it up, just shake up when you have it if you can. Stop it being something you do to relax, EVERY time you relax for example. I got into a little habit of a packet of biscuits and a cup of tea when I got home. When I realised I was shocked but I associated coming in from work with having a cup of tea and having a cup of tea meant a whole pack of biscuits. I now come in from work and have a black coffee, black coffee means exercise or cleaning to me :)
  • Hezzakiah
    Hezzakiah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also do great throughout the week (when my husband is at work) but the weekends are rough. When I shop, I stock the house with healthy food. Saturday morning my husband says that there is nothing in the house to eat and proceeds to spend extra money on unhealthy food. He also tends to do the cooking on the weekends and gets upset because I don't want to eat the unhealthy southern food that he loves.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    no doubt .. hard to not get some munchies! ; )