5 weeks and no weight loss !!!!!!!!

Hi i have been on my diet now since Jan 1st 20112, although I have lost weight in the last 5 weeks I have lost nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do exercise and i'm not doing any fad deiting, just a blanced deit so why am I not losing any weight ? I'm getting so fed up now, I don't get on the scales each week I try and leave it 2-3 weeks because it makes me feel so hacked off when i see yet again no weight loss.
Can any one offer any help to why this is ? Please add me to your friend list to :-)

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Hi, I have sent you a friend request! : )

I have been really trying since Jan with initial weight loss then maintaining, I have started this week increasing my calories to see how that works out.
  • Have you guys went to a good doctor and see if there's anything organic preventing you from losing weight?

A lot of people have trouble with hormones and stuff and they don't know, so you should check it out at least to see if that is or it is not the case.

Best of luck!!
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    I'm having a similiar problem! I tried upping my calorie intake thinking that maybe my body was trying to go into starvation mode on only 1200 a day since I workout so frequently.
    I am trying to be patient and test a few different things to see what works for me. I think its trial and error sadly...
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    If what you've been doing for 5 weeks hasn't yielded results, it's time to try something different. I can't see your diary and I don't know what exercise you do so I can't make any suggestions.
  • Cnsa143
    Cnsa143 Posts: 52 Member
    Have you guys went to a good doctor and see if there's anything organic preventing you from losing weight?

A lot of people have trouble with hormones and stuff and they don't know, so you should check it out at least to see if that is or it is not the case.

Best of luck!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • try changing the your exercise routine !! Try doing it in reverse and maybe add something else or exchange an exercise ! Like swimming or riding a bike your body is getting use to what you are doing so you have to trick it, I did the same thing I was stuck for 2 weeks and then i did everything in reverse and now have dropped 3 lbs and then another 2 lbs !!! Hope this helps. : ) Don't give up You can do this!!
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    I have sent a friend request as well. I know that you are having a difficult time and can use the support and that is why we are all here. The suggestion of a Doctor is a good idea,there are so many health issues that can make it difficult to lose weight. Also as mentioned by another friend if you calorie intake is to low than it will be difficult for you to lose weight as well. I would review what you have been doing these last few weeks and see if you need to make some adjustments somewhere. For myself I notice that i tend to eat too few calories and as soon as I do I start having a problem. I wish you good luck!