Low Energy/More headaches!

Options
Looking for suggestions....

Since working out harder and sticking to a 1200-1300 cal a day intake I have had constant low energy and headaches...any suggestions on how to change it? I'm eating 6 times a day, staying hydrated and am getting frustrated....

HELP!!:noway: :sad:
(if you look at my food diary the last few days it isn't the best, but still within restrictions)

Thank you all! :flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary. It's not public. Are you eating enough cals after exercise?
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'd probably feel like crap too if I were eating that number of calories, but without more info it's hard to tell if you're eating enough or not.
  • ChiliBAS
    ChiliBAS Posts: 1
    Options
    I know you said you're staying hydrated, but how much water are you drinking a day? Also, what type of excercise regiment are you on?
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry, let me try to make it public :)
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching your post as I feel exactly the same way.
    My head is really hurting right now, I'm not too bad energy wise but when the kids get home from school I feel I have a really low tolerance to thier noise levels and behaviour.
    Fortunately I'm able to breathe deeply and count to 10 several times over till bedtime.
    I know a lovely big dessert witll cure all.......
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    Oh and again, the last few days haven't been the best food choices, but these headache's and low energy has been mths!! thx again!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I would feel like crap if I was working hard and only eating that many calories..Try increasing your calories
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    I drink appr 2-3 liters of water a day...

For workout regime usually 30-60 min of cardio daily and 45-60 min strength trainging, and I always mix it up so I don't get bored
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Already noticing a problem... are you eating back your exercise calories? You should be hitting 1200-1300 net calories, even after exercise. I'm guessing that's why you have no energy and headaches, you need to fuel your body!
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you're not eating enough. Also watch out for "diet drinks" that may contain aspartame. The stuff can be directly related to my migraines.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You are burning a fair amount of calories working out. Increase calories on the days you workout. You don't have to take all MFP gives you, but try taking in more.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Your body's trying to tell you that it needs more food!
  • mmapags
    Options
    You are just not getting enough calories and that's the likely causing headaches after working out. You should be getting 1200 per day minimum and that's net meaning if you burn 400 with exercise you ate 1600 that day. Do that or even a little more and I'm guessing the headaches go away. Whem you set up your goal, what is your BMR?
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    See MFP told me 1200 calories a day, that's why I've been eating that..not trying to starve myself and oddly enough-I eat 6 times a day and am almost always satisfied lol:tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are not getting enough of something - calories, protein, carbs, iron, vitaimin(s). Something. Those are symptoms of fatigue. If you work out hard and do not properly fuel your body, low energy and headaches are often the result.
  • JacqueBackhus
    Options
    I have the EXACT same issues! About 4 in the afternoon, every afternoon, I get a headache. :-( I eat all the time.... every few hours. I "try" to eat "clean"..... And like you I drink ALOT of water. Suggestions would be GREAT!
  • NewFitKeri
    Options
    I didn't know I needed to eat back my exercise cals...so thanks guys..I really appreciate it!
  • mmapags
    Options
    I'll be watching your post as I feel exactly the same way.
    My head is really hurting right now, I'm not too bad energy wise but when the kids get home from school I feel I have a really low tolerance to thier noise levels and behaviour.
    Fortunately I'm able to breathe deeply and count to 10 several times over till bedtime.
    I know a lovely big dessert witll cure all.......

Be happy to take a look at your diary if you make it public.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    It looks like you aren't eating your exercise calories. MFP already calculates the calory deficit for you, so what you consume in exercise should be eaten back otherwise you are not getting enough calories. I get headaches when I don't eat enough.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I would say increase your calories and your water intake! Good luck!