Staying motivated

Options
I have just realised that loosing my weight and changing shape is like my Black Belt journey, it is not going to happen overnight and I will not see drastic changes every week but if I stick to the plan and make the very small changes every day I will eventually get the result i want. From white belt to black belt takes 4years of constant improvement day by day, week by week, and never giving up even when you ache and you think you will never get that next pattern or never be able to do that jump kick, but with time and focus you do, whats different now then, some weeks I see a change in weight or I see I have lost an inch here or there, some weeks I see no outward change, but I have to continue this journey because I want that end goal, I want those smaller clothes, Now I have finally got my head around the fact that i may not always see a massive change but can I feel that change Im in for the whole journey, however long that may be, and like Black belt, once I have achieved that goal Im sticking with it and never giving up.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    That is a superb attitude! Slow and steady wins the race. It took me 17 months to get to my goal, and I know I did it the right way as now it's a lifestyle to maintain it.

You're doing exactly the right thing, so I know you'll reach your goal.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Love the analogy - so very true - good luck on your journey!!
  • jmcdavid
    jmcdavid Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you so much. Your message was exactly what I needed to keep motivated.
  • dawney09
    dawney09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's some fighting talk there Heather! The way I'm looking at it too is it has taken me 13yrs to put this weight on and I now know it's not going to be an overnight miracle like we all want! Hopefully it wont take 13yrs to loose :-S but loosing it slowly but surely and keeping it off is the goal I want!
    I'm stood right beside you on this journey and cant wait to compare photo's at xmas from last year to this one! :-D
  • heathergd1
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words folks, it means a lot
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have to continue this journey because I want that end goal, I want those smaller clothes, Now I have finally got my head around the fact that i may not always see a massive change but can I feel that change Im in for the whole journey.

Very true. I have also learned that it not just about the "goal" as an endpoint, but about the journey of life. Not to sound too zen, but if we are to enjoy our journey through life, we have to make it what we want it to be! :smile:

Cheeers,
    Matt
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation, I needed it today!! :smile: