Body Revolution week 3 - NO weightloss :(

Options
Hey guys...so I jumped on the Body Revolution bandwagon, because Jillian is awesome and the hopes of being a slimmer fitter version of myself just in time for summer and my b-day sounds AH-mazing. The program is great, there's a diet and exersize plan that leaves the guess work out of it - the way I look at it, you follow the plan and you should lose. One problem, I'm on day 2 of week 3 and I have 0 lbs...I feel stronger (and sore...) but I havent released any weight. I'm following the diet to a T and I'm even doing the more advanced versions of some of the moves, yet I see nothing and it's REALLY bumming me out. According to Jillian phase one (the 1st month) is where you should be losing 20-30 lbs and unless I lose 20 lbs next week that is just not going to happen :(

Has anyone else done the program - can you offer me an tips or some incouragement...I'm gonna keep it up but I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps at the moment.

Thanks,
Julia

Replies

• nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Check your measurements. You are toning and muscle weighs more. Do NOT let the scale rule you!!
  • banill
    banill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also, an old health teacher of mine said that before you lose any weight, your body must build the necessary muscle to complete the new tasks you're doing before you see any "weight" loss. But just like nettg40 said, you're probably just toning up, losing fat but gaining muscle mass, KEEP GOING!!!
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know is discouraging, but you're only about to complete the first month of your program. Are you tracking your measurements and taking pictures to see if your body is changing? Also, are your clothes fitting better? All those things matter too. The scale is only a part of the picture. I've lost one jean size, yet my weight hasn't changed much.

Give it your all, eat right... the results will come!! :flowerforyou:
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I havent checked my measurements since I started, but I am def toning I can see the difference and feel it - I havent noticed anything fitting much different though...I mean slightly but not alot - I'm going to keep it up for sure, I actually just finished my workout for the day :) and I know I shouldn't let the scale rule me, but it's such an ugly number!!! Hopefully I'll see some significant changes in the weeks to come.

Thanks,
    Julia
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Check your measurements! I gained 0.5 lb the first week but I took a look at my measurements for that week and I lost a lot of inches. I also gained three inches on each calf in muscle the first week (crazy, right?!?). Stick with it, I can guarantee that it will be worth it. If you haven't already, I would take pictures too. They help you see change more easily than looking in the mirror every day.
  • LifeAsFrances
    LifeAsFrances Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree check your measurements, because I too am on the J. M Body Revolution plan. and I'm not losing but I'm definitely toning.
  • massagediva2001
    Options
    I do not agree with the others. I have been where you are, seeing no or minimal loss. Some people's bodies DO take longer to adapt to being thrown into a new routine and yours may be holding onto all it can. That said, have you checked to see if your hormones are in balance? That was totally my problem. I had a whole blood panel done and FINALLY found out that my progesterone was low, VItamin D was really low, and I had hypothyroidism. I started taking Vitamin D, got on thyroid meds and progesterone cream and an adrenal gland support and it really helped. BUT it still was very slow to start and I plateaued after just a few weeks and lost nothing for the next few. Also, depending on how you have been eating and living, you could be insulin resistant.

The best thing I did was get the armband by body media, like they wear on biggest loser. It tells me how many calories I burn a day, so I know how much I can eat. I should be able to eat 1500 cals a day and lose 2 pounds a week, if you "do the math" but I have to keep it around 1200, or I have to burn more. I work out 5 times a week, 60-120 minutes and burn 400-1100 calories each workout. I have a friend who is exactly the same- if she goes over 1200, no weight loss and she burns 800-1200 in a workout. They say 30 mins, 3 times a week of exercise is all you need-they lie.

It's frustrating, really frustrating. But I am not giving up, neither has my friend. She is down over 28 popunds since mid Dec and I am down 22 since Jan 1. It's a lot of time and effort and it will take me a lot longer than others but I will get there. Slow and steady.

Good luck.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 and I've lost only 7 pounds, but I am definitely seeing the inches peel away. I've lost 4.5 inches in my waist, a couple in my hips, I can see muscles in my back, and my abs are definitely stronger - I can't see the muscles under there quite yet, but I FEEL them!

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound weighs a pound no matter what. However, muscle takes up less space than fat - the best visual I've seen about that is fat = 3 oranges and muscle = 3 limes.

Also, when you start weight training, the muscle breaks down a little every time and it will hold water to repair itself. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to compensate and help yourself to heal.

Don't worry about the scale, how do your clothes fit? How do you feel?
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...so I jumped on the Body Revolution bandwagon, because Jillian is awesome and the hopes of being a slimmer fitter version of myself just in time for summer and my b-day sounds AH-mazing. The program is great, there's a diet and exersize plan that leaves the guess work out of it - the way I look at it, you follow the plan and you should lose. One problem, I'm on day 2 of week 3 and I have 0 lbs...I feel stronger (and sore...) but I havent released any weight. I'm following the diet to a T and I'm even doing the more advanced versions of some of the moves, yet I see nothing and it's REALLY bumming me out. According to Jillian phase one (the 1st month) is where you should be losing 20-30 lbs and unless I lose 20 lbs next week that is just not going to happen :(

Has anyone else done the program - can you offer me an tips or some incouragement...I'm gonna keep it up but I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps at the moment.

Thanks,
    Julia

I'm currently on my 5th week of Body Revolution. I only lost 11 pounds during my first month...and I was very happy about that. As others have mentioned everyone is different, just give it more time. Look at yourself....you'll probably see more definition and tone....so you KNOW it's working!
  • saraht23
    saraht23 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hang in there, Julia - I know exactly how you feel. I'm on week 2 of Body Revolution (but I've been working out daily & dieting since January 5) and I've seen virtually no moment on the scale during this program. (Since Jan, I've only lost 10 lbs)

I have lost inches and my clothes are fititng different - but I pretty much cried this morning when I weighed in and I was up 1.5 lbs from last week. I've been eating 1300-1500 cals/week - watching calories, sodium & drinking plenty of water - in addition to busting through her daily workouts. I've even been working out on Sunday (my rest day) - so seeing the scale go up or stay the same is completely frustrating. I. hate. the. scale.

Do you think my neighbors would think I'm nuts if I threw my scale in the yard? :/
  • mugginslai
    Options
    Hi guys. I just finished week 3 and experienced the same thing. Lost 2kg in the first week but I'm now stagnating. I've noticed slight toning but nothing drastic yet. Would you say it's better to have a more cardio based workout to see results or will 90 days of muscle toning really help to burn the fat off. Thanks
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    What is the diet plan? Are you counting calories? I'm guessing you are eating too much.
  • mugginslai
    Options
    I'm on 1200 per day. I have noticed inch loss and I am gaining muscle but the scale doesn't budge. So depressing! The workouts definitely get harder by week 5.
  • goncalvesca1
    Options
    I read this whole thread because I'm scheduled to start BR next Friday...just completed Ripped in 30. I would be happy to lose 5 pounds over the course of the 3 months...what I can say is, with Rin30 I probably lost one pound over the course of the whole thing, but my body is way more compact. I have absolutely lost fat.

OP - you mentioned you're sore. As someone else mentioned, sore muscles are typically holding on to fluid. It's really hard to stay mentally tough when you're just not seeing the scale budge, but if you're truly building muscle, you will burn more calories each day in the long run. I think taking pics will help you - personally I don't like to take weekly pics because the change isn't obvious enough, but if I take them once every 3-4 weeks I see more difference.

If you feel like you need more cardio, maybe once a week you could do the cardio dvd twice back to back - it's so short in the first place. Or you could also sub in a longer cardio session once a week. I am considering subbing in Pure Cardio from Insanity once each week, just to keep things interesting since you have to do each cardio workout 8 times instead of 4.

I don't know how anyone can do 1200 calories per day - I hope that's your net calories after working out at least. My body needs more than that and when I up my calories, but keep them quality calories, I usually see positive changes. Besides if I don't eat enough I get so cranky...

Anyway, good luck with the program and I hope you start seeing the results you want soon! I have read mixed results, some people seem to lose a ton of weight on this plan while others seem to just get stronger and more athletic.