Margaritas????

Options
nikrit84
nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
I am going out with a friend to mexican restaurant tomorrow night. I hate beer and I can drink mixed drinks...but just arent that great with dinner! I Love margaritas....and can drink my fair share of them lol. However, I know they can completely damage my calorie goals for the day. Any advice for me?

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    work out... get a surplus... eat drink and be merry... get up in the morning... work out... the end.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Work out hard, eat a salad instead of the chips, eat something healthy for your entree, and enjoy yourself!
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    http://www.bajabob.com/powdered-mixes.html
    Not sure how it would work for going out....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ask them to make a "skinny" margarita. All the calories are from the sour mix. They can make a margarita without the sour mix

Make a Skinny Girl on the rocks by adding ice to a rocks glass, add 2 oz. (a two-count) of white tequila, the juice of four lime wedges and a splash of Triple Sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau

That would be about 160 calories a drink. When the rest. makes it they are anywhere from 500-900 calories a piece. Or you can always go for sangria. Also lower in calories but tastes good
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    work out... get a surplus... eat drink and be merry... get up in the morning... work out... the end.

Yep. What she said!
  • painterlyme49
    Options
    I drink Firefly or another brand of sweet tea vodka. It has 66 calories per ounce. I just sip it on the rocks, but you can add water and a slice of lemon, or ask the bartender to put it in lemon water then add artificial sweetner. Have fun!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    ask for a skinny. My mexican resturant makes with with club soda, teqila, fresh squezed lime, lemon and oranage juice. Very lite and refreshing.