Spiders.

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
Ok so me and my boss were talking about this spider that was in her car, and how she just wanted to get to work to get away from it before it touched her. lol....

I know I get like this when i see one, I go all ninja in the car, trying to not let it touch me lol.

I cant be the only one who does this... whats up with my 5'5" being afraid of a spider thats smaller then my pinky nail lol

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    They are the evil spawn of all that is dark and unholy...that`s why.
  • xYumzx
    Options
    LOL that about sums it up
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

^^^This. Carl, you're a genius! :drinker:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Terrified of spiders.
    Hate them.

I once jumped out of a car at a stoplight when I saw a spider in the car with me. Luckily my fiance was there to kill it.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options

well put Carl, well put! :drinker:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    It's sad, but it happens. I found myself sharing the back set with a spider during a long drive to Florida. And though the little spawn of

Satan couldn't have been any larger than my fingernail, the fact that I saw him and he moved like the flash turned me into a walking

, talking, 'screaming out my lungs and almost making everyone crash because of my stupid irrational fears' machine...

Thankfully everyone was kind enough to pull over and gut the car just to find him.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I like the little guys. In fact, I am the head of the Insect Protection Program. I retrieve them, give them a new identity and relocate them away from threats.

spiderbro-meme-whats-that-book-for.jpg
  • xYumzx
    Options
    I like the little guys. In fact, I am the head of the Insect Protection Program. I retrieve them, give them a new identity and relocate them away from threats.

spiderbro-meme-whats-that-book-for.jpg
    oh i wont kill them I go ninja not letting them touch me lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I used to have a MAJOR spider phobia. I'm getting over it slowly, though.

I realize that they are very good for killing bugs that really are going to cause me harm and since I became vegetarian, and started really thinking about it, I won't kill them anymore. I always get a cup or something and use a piece of paper to carry them outside. But they usually come out at night and encounter my cats, who are far less compassionate.

In Florida, though, I do worry about poisonous spiders.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't mind spiders. I like tarantulas. Those funny commercials where the spider beats the guy up makes me laugh.

The only big problem I see with spiders is that I read a large number of them attracts centipedes. And those do freak me out. Makes me think every time I see a few spiders in my back porch as that is where I find centipedes too.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am super afraid of spiders.

Once I had a spider blocking me and the place that I keep the spider spray. BTW this was a big spider. I sprayed it with sunscreen, spray starch, hairspray still did not kill the bugger so i poured dish liquid, shampoo and it finally stopped moving long enough to smash it. Then i left the house in my pj's and went to my parents house to get ready for work.
  • 76tech
    Options

Palmetto bugs creep me out. Any insect big enough to show up on radar is unholy.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have been in a car with a spider. Scary. It's just so awful because you just can't get away from it in the car. At least if I see one in my room I can assume that it will eventually travel to the living room...or my mouth.
  • rml_16
    Options

Palmetto bugs creep me out. Any insect big enough to show up on radar is unholy.

They are pretty freaky. Oddly, I don't see them often. Probably because this is north Florida. But they're also not poisonous, so I don't sweat them too much.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Carl said it all. Nasty, creepy, crawly, little things.
  • 76tech
    Options

They are pretty freaky. Oddly, I don't see them often. Probably because this is north Florida. But they're also not poisonous, so I don't sweat them too much.

Ah. I used to live in Ft. Myers. They wait for you and try to carry you away when you walk by their evil lair.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm always nervous that I'll accidentally squish them before I can set them free...
  • SDormer91
    SDormer91 Posts: 16
    Options
    I live in Australia - enough said. Grew up with a Huntsman (big hairy spider) as a pet who lived in the corner of my room and Redbacks as toilet guards... Still scream like a girl when they move too fast though. Or worse, disappear while you go get a shoe to squish em. Now wasps, I could live without...
  • rml_16
    Options

Ah. I used to live in Ft. Myers. They wait for you and try to carry you away when you walk by their evil lair.

I believe it!

This is also a problem my cats would take care of for me. :-)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    No escaping this one

ebLMR.jpg

unless you get out of the car, put a rag into your gas tans and set it on fire.