My first NSV post

Options
BuckeyeLife
BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
This isn't exactly the first true NSV I guess, but it is the first time I became really aware of it. New Year's Eve I had a pair of khakis and a belt that only went to the first notch. Over the last few months I didn't think about it, but had moved to 3 notches in. The real win was I now HAVE to wear this belt to look somewhat professional around customers. It is a nice snug at 5 notches, tight at 6 notches. They are about an inch apart, so I just realized today I have lost 4-5 inches for my pants. SO awesome to see this. And huge, because yesterday I had a huge fail of weighing in 3 lbs up(though I didn't get too bothered because the week before it had me at no gain/loss from the Monday before and by my weekly official weigh in I was down another 4 lbs) but then when I went to do my jog I made it a mile before it all collapsed on me. First time getting severe cramp in my side and then my left leg started hurting a ton. Should be a one time thing, I hope, but I felt really demoralized. Then this happened this morning, I feel a LOT better now.

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey, that is great!!

Isn't it crazy how you don't notice anything for awhile (and may get discouraged) and then BAM you are like "wow, I REALLY AM making a difference!!!"? :)

Keep up the good work, sounds like you need to go SHOPPING!! :D
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's great! A change in belt notches are always a great feeling :) Keep up the amazing work :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    WTG!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great job! Time for a shopping trip!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Having to tighten your belt up is an awesome feeling. I recently realized I needed to adjust my watch because it had started to slide around so much. I remember when every generic store bought watch was almost too tight on the first hole!
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :smile: That is so great! Keep it up!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need new pants and a belt!! Congrats on this success!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an awesome realization! Keep up pushing hard. It'll come together for you. I guess it's all in how you feel...you feel good from workout...you feel good in your clothes....feel good with your food intake. Results will come...just keep pushing ahead.
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is great! I've come down 1 notch on my belt and will have to drill out a new hole with my swiss army knife soon.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's fantastic!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's so awesome. Well done you!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am going to hold on store until the pants become just unreasonable with the belt. I intend to be investing in a whole new wardrobe once I reach a fit healthy goal and enter more into the maintain stage. :D I suspect I will have to invest in some cheapies for work before then though! :DDD

TY for all the support!
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    Well done! I agree, don't listen to the scale and keep on keeping on! Your body doesn't always agree with the scale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!