Spiders.

Options

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Is that a banana spider? Thankfully, I've never seen one in a house or car but they build HUGE webs in a very short time! Nothing like rollerblading down a bike path early in the morning and nearly colliding with one.
    It is called a goliath spider. here's one eating a yummy bird.

c53my.jpg
    That picture always makes me hungry.
    Tastes like chicken?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I like the little guys. In fact, I am the head of the Insect Protection Program. I retrieve them, give them a new identity and relocate them away from threats.

spiderbro-meme-whats-that-book-for.jpg
    Where are you when I'm throwing shoes at the wall, beating them with brooms, spraying them with hairspray or Lysol? I have a spare bedroom if you need a place to live. Lmao
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid (probably 10 or 11), my bedroom was a little travel trailer that didn't have a door handle - just an open hole where the handle should be. Creepy crawlies would always get in, but they never really bothered me since I had lived in the boonies my entire life.

Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night one night because I suddenly felt something tickle all over. I turned on the light and, lo and behold, two egg sacks had hatched and I had literally THOUSANDS of baby spiders all over me - head to toe.

... oddly enough, I'm still not afraid of spiders.

I love you all but dang........ did you have to tell me that!? I am so phobic THIS will give me nightmares LOL.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Spiders in the car are the most dangerous thing. People do crazy things when there's no way to run away!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders, but I can handle it. What I can't handle is that my 2 year old is on this kick right now that there are spiders coming out of his eyes. He points at the corner of his eye and says 'spider coming out of here mommy.":sick:
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Spiders are awesome. Would own a tarantula if I could. :love:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am phobic about spiders. No matter the size. My 9yr old has a Tarantula (talk about being a trusting Mommy that it will not get out). Anyways. Out of "love" for Mommy he named it Phobia. At least 3 times a day I go over and check the cage to make sure the lid is securely locked!
  • passifloraFoetida
    passifloraFoetida Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love spiders, and most bugs in general. I know so many people that get the creeps upon seeing them though, or in the case of my mother, full blown arachnophobia.
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love spiders!
    Problem is, You can't trust all spiders.

arm.jpg

That's my arm by the way.

I have another one who show my face, but I look too dumb (was talking baby with the little fellow).
  • burgenah
    burgenah Posts: 76
    Options
    They are the evil spawn of all that is dark and unholy...that`s why.

Sissy!
    It's bad luck to kill spiders, the witches are gonna come get you if you do! Just leave them be, they don't eat much! I have an un-natural affection for them.
  • maethoriel
    Options
    Haha I have a pet tarantula, but I am actually afraid of small spiders..I have no idea why lol.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    *shudders* I hate spiders. I keep a bottle of funky body spray (that we bought and no one liked) in the car. If I see one? It gets zapped with white gardenia body spray.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I did this just this morning, actually. The spider hung onto the outside of my window for half the drive to work (which was on the interstate). He flew off right before I switched interstates. LOL Spiders seriously squick me out.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am phobic about spiders. No matter the size. My 9yr old has a Tarantula (talk about being a trusting Mommy that it will not get out). Anyways. Out of "love" for Mommy he named it Phobia. At least 3 times a day I go over and check the cage to make sure the lid is securely locked!

No....way. I wouldn't do that, you're a great mom lol
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    scared to death of spiders!!!!!!!!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    When I was about to click this thread, I was like, oh god, please don't let there be pictures, pleaaaassseeee. /stupidly clicks anyways. xD
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of them and take all precautions not to get them in my car because I freak out screaming and swerving (lol). My worst nightmare is finding one in my bedroom so I actually check my pillows and covers each night before I hop in.
  • sbfreak17
    sbfreak17 Posts: 42
    Options
    OMG! It was complete hell reading through and seeing some of these pictures...AAAAHHHH! I despise spiders...but I refuse to kill them because it would require me to get waaaaaay too close...I always think it's going to jump on me if I get too close...ugh...freaked out now just thinking about it...lol...
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan but my husband (who is a fire fighter and used to be a cop) is deathly afraid! I have to kill the spider and flush it down the toilet cause "it might still be alive"!
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Is that a banana spider? Thankfully, I've never seen one in a house or car but they build HUGE webs in a very short time! Nothing like rollerblading down a bike path early in the morning and nearly colliding with one.
    It is called a goliath spider. here's one eating a yummy bird.

c53my.jpg

my hearts racing now my fear of spiders is getting worse. lol